Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It's something called respect. More frequently forgotten in place of in the pursuit of money it would seem. I'm not under any false illusion they owe us any favors.

But as I outlined previously, the practicalities behind Mings' situation should have the most significant influence on his price tag, and therefore lower it.

I said earlier in the thread Bournemouth had the leverage on us in this deal, so I think I'm aware of the reasoning for the fee being as it is.

It's entirely up to Bournemouth what they choose to do with a player under contract, however I'm sure Mings' would appreciate reciprocal professionalism from Bournemouth.

Let him progress his career. Agree a fee that's in the interest of both clubs.

They have agreed a fee. Both clubs. And he is progressing his career.

YOU deem it disrespectful because YOU deem the fee too high. That's ridiculous. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

🤔 so when you say "we" it's ok but if I say it, I'm suggesting that I'm directly paying out of my own pocket ? 

Bizarre thinking going on right there.

I'm pretty sure FFP is still an issue for premier league teams ? So over paying 25% for players will be an issue for Aston Villa football club.

Same arguments happened on relegation and spent 50 or 60 million, then all of a sudden it's an issue after people wanted us to just chuck money at every target.

We need 6 or 7 more players for the 1st team squad at least, not sure aston villa football  club ( didn't want to suggest I owned the club be saying 'we' ) can afford to over pay 25% on another 6 or 7 players without it effecting things.

Who said we are going to overpay for every signing? Did we overpay for El Ghazi or McGinn? What about Jota or Hause? The truth is some parts of any build will cost more than others for many reasons.  If Mings manages to get in the England Team in the next couple of years. Which I think most think possible if he plays the way he can, then that 20-25m will at least double. You going to be moaning then?

Let the powers to be worry about the budget as they know more than you. We are not throwing money at journeymen with no resale value either. Just enjoy the journey captain cheerful. 

• Like 2

Just to reiterate, I think he could be worth more than what we've paid in a year or two, easily. But that's not the point here.

You don't pay the premium for potential, you pay it for established players and longevity.

Coutinho went to Liverpool for 8million (apparently it was nearly us), he was a bright spark with potential from Inter at the time.

You do the math as for how much he was sold for to Barcelona as an established player with plenty of legs left in him.

Mings has only ever impressed in the championship, never played in his seasons in the top flight. That's unfulfilled promise, whether you believe in him or not.

Surplus to requirements there, wants to leave, significant injury to recover from, suitable buyer.. And you hold them to a premium?

Ah well, I'll shutup because I'm actually very happy he's going to play for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Just to reiterate, I think he could be worth more than what we've paid in a year or two, easily. But that's not the point here.

You don't pay the premium for potential, you pay it for established players and longevity.

Coutinho went to Liverpool for 8million (apparently it was nearly us), he was a bright spark with potential from Inter at the time.

You do the math as for how much he was sold for to Barcelona as an established player with plenty of legs left in him.

Mings has only ever impressed in the championship, never played in his seasons in the top flight. That's unfulfilled promise, whether you believe in him or not.

Surplus to requirements there, wants to leave, significant injury to recover from, suitable buyer.. And you hold them to a premium?

Ah well, I'll shutup because I'm actually very happy he's going to play for us.

I think we need to catch up with spending. When wan basaka is going for 50 mill and mcguire rumoured at 90. 20 is not a premium for proven established premier league players.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They have agreed a fee. Both clubs. And he is progressing his career.

YOU deem it disrespectful because YOU deem the fee too high. That's ridiculous. 

That's probably a very fair call, well said. For some reason I think I've still made some valid points but I'm not going to dwell on this one.

Happy he's here.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

I wish people didn't care so much about money.

Yeah, it's a year since we almost went into administration and more than a month since we played a game worth £170m that if we lost it had forced us to sell not just the stadium but most of our playing assets as well.

Silly to worry about money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Once again we are paying far to much, but as long as we are not relegated it probably wont matter to much.

If he plays well for us in the PL we won’t have paid too much.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we need to catch up with spending. When wan basaka is going for 50 mill and mcguire rumoured at 90. 20 is not a premium for proven established premier league players.

But we are not an established PL-club (yet).

We are a newly promoted club that almost went bust not that long ago.

Manure and City have been making PL money for years while we've been hemorrhaging money to the point that we needed the new owners to buy our stadium from ourselves.

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Question for the people unhappy about paying £20mil for him:

Once we buy him, how much would you value him at? If a bid came in for him next week at £12mil, would you be happy to sell him because you think that's his value? Or is he all of a sudden going to be worth more because he plays for Aston Villa?

I think you'd hold out for £30/35mil. But it's the same player, nothing would have changed. 

We are paying a market value. It's as simple as that.

Are we though? He's a CB who's showed promise in the championship with consistency. Mings is not proven in the Premier League yet.

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Question for the people unhappy about paying £20mil for him:

Once we buy him, how much would you value him at? If a bid came in for him next week at £12mil, would you be happy to sell him because you think that's his value? Or is he all of a sudden going to be worth more because he plays for Aston Villa?

I think you'd hold out for £30/35mil. But it's the same player, nothing would have changed. 

We are paying a market value. It's as simple as that.

Thats all hypothetical

If he gets injured pre season and won't be available until christmas - how much would he be worth then ? 

Edited by hippo

31 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Also worth noting if it wasnt for Tyrone we wouldnt be in the position to pay PL transfer fees at all.

We would be looking to sell our good players as we languished in the Championship another season.

I've said same recently about Steer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I meant in life generally.

I picked up on that.

What I didn't pick up on was whether you meant the people who will do anything to make it, or the people concerned about not having enough.

Â