Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

sometimes we are able to nick players like McGinn and other times circumstances conspire against us and we have to pay through the nose....I am trying to divorce my thoughts from the fee.

I am delighted he is coming home to us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He (Jack) has lost a match. We lost to Albion. Just because we won on pens, still means he lost a match. 

Tyrone knows he won’t be captain, but he’ll still be a leader on the pitch as he was this year.

If you want to say we lost, say we lost. As far as I’m concerned, we Won. It certainly felt like we won the way we were all celebrating at the end.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Injury prone or just unlucky with injury?

I’d say the latter. 2 serious injuries, but other than that he’s not had niggly little injuries you’d associate with ‘injury prone’ players. 

It’s his time to shine in the Prem with us now. 

Good business IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He'd played 17 games in 4 seasons before he joined us. I'd say that's a 5m player at best.

Tish was 5m 3 yrs ago, I just can't see your logic.... Not sure I'm fussed. Welcome Tyrone!

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He'd played 17 games in 4 seasons before he joined us. I'd say that's a 5m player at best.

Don't you worry about Tyrone...he can play when he has to.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Its the half a season that he has been instrumental in getting an historical club like ours promoted......We are a juggernaut, with high expectations, that is sometimes cumbersome to manage.....He has played a major part in us securing a170 million windfall ,with an opportunity if we stay up for an additional £130 million.

He is worth it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well please explain why bournemouth not wanting him should then lower the fee.

We either sign him for this amount or we don't. Its really as simple as that. 

It's something called respect. More frequently forgotten in place of in the pursuit of money it would seem. I'm not under any false illusion they owe us any favors.

But as I outlined previously, the practicalities behind Mings' situation should have the most significant influence on his price tag, and therefore lower it.

I said earlier in the thread Bournemouth had the leverage on us in this deal, so I think I'm aware of the reasoning for the fee being as it is.

It's entirely up to Bournemouth what they choose to do with a player under contract, however I'm sure Mings' would appreciate reciprocal professionalism from Bournemouth.

Let him progress his career. Agree a fee that's in the interest of both clubs.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Lets not sweat the small stuff......its all relative.

It isn't really the small stuff - the excess fee paid for Mings could have been used towards another player.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It's something called respect. More frequently forgotten in place of in the pursuit of money it would seem. I'm not under any false illusion they owe us any favors.

But as I outlined previously, the practicalities behind Mings' situation should have the most significant influence on his price tag, and therefore lower it.

I said earlier in the thread Bournemouth had the leverage on us in this deal, so I think I'm aware of the reasoning for the fee being as it is.

It's entirely up to Bournemouth what they choose to do with a player under contract, however I'm sure Mings' would appreciate reciprocal professionalism from Bournemouth.

Let him progress his career. Agree a fee that's in the interest of both clubs.

Its times like this that it is prudent to have a CEO in place for sometime......I hope Christian Purslow has a very active memory, when doing business with Bournemouth in the future?

Every dog has his day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

It isn't really the small stuff - the excess fee paid for Mings could have been used towards another player.

In the whole scheme of things with the windfall of £170 million,which he played a major part in securing..... With the Fee for John Mcginn factored in to create an average.....its all relative.

We need him and they know it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

In the whole scheme of things with the windfall of £170 million,which he played a major part in securing..... With the Fee for John Mcginn factored in to create an average.....its all relative.

We need him and they know it.

We should have had a back up plan. Mings went off with Cramp twice in his last few games - the alarm bells are ringing for me over this one.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

We should have had a back up plan. Mings went off with Cramp twice in his last few games - the alarm bells are ringing for me over this one.

Cramp,Really.....and you are concerned? most players get it without any associated injuries.

• Like 3

Â