Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

My captain. Finger pointing. Arm flapping. Inspiring teammates by telling them to **** off. Clueless positioning. Just out for himself this clown. Wants a debate every 2 mins how he isn't the guy at fault. Same as Wolves first last week. Horrendous use of the ball. 

You're the worst player on the pitch mate. Pipe down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

My captain. Finger pointing. Arm flapping. Inspiring teammates by telling them to **** off. Clueless positioning. Just out for himself this clown. Wants a debate every 2 mins how he isn't the guy at fault. Same as Wolves first last week. Horrendous use of the ball. 

You're the worst player on the pitch mate. Pipe down.

I saw Mings tell someone to F off , do we know who it was ? As I know him and Cash don’t quite get along 

I don't think the decision to make him captain is working out too well. He's not good enough in his own play, can't rally the troops, and always seems to be having a go at others when a goal goes in, despite him often being one of the main culprits.

I like Mings but under pressure he loses his head and gets rattled easily. He needs the calm temperament to go with the aggression, telling Cash to **** off after making a mistake himself is daft. 

I know we can look into body language of players on the pitch too much at times but Mings isn’t the type of player to drag us out of a hole, when he’s in a hole he digs deeper. I think the fact we have no real senior players besides Young doesn’t help also.

We are short on stock but the Top 6 teams aren't afraid to pay big money for a CB and then demote them down the line. Stones barely gets a start at City these days. Chelsea have a glut of back 3 options and they'll chop and change. Mings is just too hit and miss and we seem married to having untouchable players in the XI since forever

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We are short on stock but the Top 6 teams aren't afraid to pay big money for a CB and then demote them down the line. Stones barely gets a start at City these days. Chelsea have a glut of back 3 options and they'll chop and change. Mings is just too hit and miss and we seem married to having untouchable players in the XI since forever

There are times when it would be no harm for him to be dropped for Hause just to maybe the kick up the hole he sometimes needs. Unfortunately it never happens.

20 hours ago, Chine said:

I saw Mings tell someone to F off , do we know who it was ? As I know him and Cash don’t quite get along 

you know this? or someone said it on twitter claiming to be ITK? genuine question

• Like 2

Just shows how important first team football is and elite coaching. He came into the game late -ish via non league and had long spells not playing. If he’d been in a elite academy from the start and didn’t have long spells out he probs wouldn’t be here . So we have to accept that he has a liability and rashness in him which is here to stay. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just shows how important first team football is and elite coaching. He came into the game late -ish via non league and had long spells not playing. If he’d been in a elite academy from the start and didn’t have long spells out he probs wouldn’t be here . So we have to accept that he has a liability and rashness in him which is here to stay. 

Some things you just can't teach, you've either got it or you haven't. Paul McGrath came up through the league of Ireland, I don't recall him having too many weaknesses, if any, to his game.

• Like 1

Plenty of our fans wanted him as captain when Grealish had the armband. Grealish was 10 times the captain Mings will ever be, did his talking on the pitch with his performances. Unfortunately Mings just talks!

• Like 1

On 23/10/2021 at 19:09, thabucks said:

If he came through elite coaching he probably wouldnt have made it to the Premier League. about 90 percent of youth team players never make it to the top. Not that its a great comparison but the other English defenders none came from elite academies Stones from Barnsley, Maguire at Sheffield United and Conor Coady was a midfielder at Liverpool.

Michael Keane might be the only England centre back to come from an elite academy and he is crap

• Like 2

Â