Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, WHY said:

Plenty of our fans wanted him as captain when Grealish had the armband. Grealish was 10 times the captain Mings will ever be, did his talking on the pitch with his performances. Unfortunately Mings just talks!

I remember getting heat from a few for suggesting Mings shouldn't be captain. 

6 hours ago, WHY said:

Plenty of our fans wanted him as captain when Grealish had the armband. Grealish was 10 times the captain Mings will ever be, did his talking on the pitch with his performances. Unfortunately Mings just talks!

Wild statement and simply not true. Tyrones been shocking in some games this season but he’s been the voice of the team since he joined us. I’d be surprised if grealish captains another side again. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he came through elite coaching he probably wouldnt have made it to the Premier League. about 90 percent of youth team players never make it to the top. Not that its a great comparison but the other English defenders none came from elite academies Stones from Barnsley, Maguire at Sheffield United and Conor Coady was a midfielder at Liverpool.

Michael Keane might be the only England centre back to come from an elite academy and he is crap

It might be why England are lacking in that department. 

I'm surprised, but ultimately not surprised at some posters completely losing their heads because Villa lost.

Mings is now a shite captain because him and the rest of the team were abysmal against Arsenal.

The replies to this will be he has been shit for weeks. No. He has had more poor performances this year but was brilliant against everton and united. 

Seems funny how only now people are questioning his captaincy when he has been captain for a third of last season and all of this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think it really matters who's captain. Will Ming's be any less vocal, I doubt it. Will Mcginn be louder, I doubt it. 

Both are good ambassadors to the club. Both try their best but sometimes fall short.

Why are people that bothered.

A lot of our fans have beef with Mings. It’s something I’ve never quite worked out why.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of our fans have beef with Mings. It’s something I’ve never quite worked out why.

Could it be the stamping?  He trod on someone’s head when playing for Bournemouth at old Trafford, and then he trod on a Reading player’s head for Villa in an away game. The one at Reading was horrific and appeared completely deliberate to me, not that he aimed for the guy’s face, he didn’t, but that he “left a bit on him”. He is in many ways admirable, but he has got a nasty streak in him, perhaps.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Could it be the stamping?  He trod on someone’s head when playing for Bournemouth at old Trafford, and then he trod on a Reading player’s head for Villa in an away game. The one at Reading was horrific and appeared completely deliberate to me, not that he aimed for the guy’s face, he didn’t, but that he “left a bit on him”. He is in many ways admirable, but he has got a nasty streak in him, perhaps.

Could be it but I think a lot forgave him as he got us promoted but it seems for me a  lot of people turned on him after the BLM protest he went on and that he somehow became too big for his boots 

Since then he has been public enemy No 1 after every loss

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Could be, I forgot about that. I think it’s more the individual errors. They sometimes occur when he thinks he is better than he is and becomes too casual. Maybe some fans see this as arrogance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I don't think it really matters who's captain.

Correct. It only seems to be in England where people obsess about who's captain. It's not cricket, the captaincy doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s because he chews gum during the game, that’s what I’ve noticed. 

I had a chat with a... Well... A blues mate of mine (let's skip over this) and that's exactly what he said.

Last season he played well.

Now he point fingers, hoofs it, makes stupid tackles, and chews gum. It just looks arrogant from the sidelines, which is something I agree with. 

11 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s because he chews gum during the game, that’s what I’ve noticed. 

it really, really, riles people up. it's been a theme on here and social media. don't know why it bothers people so much

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think there is any beef.

Just some of us on here that's been saying for some time that he is somewhat overrated in here.

Tyrone Mings is an ok PL level defender but he isn't this elite defender that will take us into Europe.

As of per now he certainly should be a starter. Him and Konsa have a decent partnership in a back 4. Really odd that Smith tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Edited by villalad21

54 minutes ago, tinker said:

No, he's black, very confident (could say cocky) and vocal, a combination some people can't cope with I'm afraid. 

Of course, Villa never had black, very confident, and vocal players before Mings. Thank goodness for that, or those racist Villa fans would’ve disliked them too... 

FWIW I don’t think he’s very confident at all and that is part of the problem. I think he flaps and loses his head sometimes. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's proper weird

It's the Ronaldo syndrome. When he kills it, everyone applauds him. When he looks uninterested, he is a prick that does funny tricks.

It's the same with Mings. When he has poor games, his general attitude doesn't look well. 

Â