Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Big period for Ming's now, his anxiety is on show, its obvious and it's affecting his form, he's not the best in the world but he's a good'un. Will he regress or come back 10 feet tall, I say the latter. Fight like your life depends on it big man, come back stronger.

• Like 3

Even if his performances haven't been particularly good lately, him and Konsa is undoubtedly our best CB pairing by a country mile. It doesn't help anyone to keep chopping and changing the central defence, and to drop him with so many other changes today was bizarre.

• Like 1

Just now, poitier said:

Even if his performances haven't been particularly good lately, him and Konsa is undoubtedly our best CB pairing by a country mile. It doesn't help anyone to keep chopping and changing the central defence, and to drop him with so many other changes today was bizarre.

Yeah to play Hause ahead of Mings when both are fit is Smith’s worst decision in his time at Villa for me.

We had a fantastic defensive record last season and haven’t played with our regular back four from last season once this season. I find that completely baffling.

• Like 1

I really like Mings and was surprised that he got dropped today. His form has been poor but no worse than Konsa or Axel and he’s our captain. It’s an odd decision by Smith so I can only think that there must be more to it than just form. Anybody heard any rumours?

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I really like Mings and was surprised that he got dropped today. His form has been poor but no worse than Konsa or Axel and he’s our captain. It’s an odd decision by Smith so I can only think that there must be more to it than just form. Anybody heard any rumours?

I heard he suplexed Matty Cash, stole his lunch money, and then set BMH on fire

• Haha 1

My opinion of Mings. Love the guy but he is woefully out of form. Added to that I don't think he is as good as his propaganda says he is.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

My opinion of Mings. Love the guy but he is woefully out of form. Added to that I don't think he is as good as his propaganda says he is.

You didn't see how we were better with 10 men on the pitch when he came on?

You didn't see how bad Hause was technically - particularly in the send off incident? (I mean, it's a basic defensive skill that you NEVER turn your body and attempt a tackle with the outside of your foot. I learned that in U9's)

Can you name anything Mings did wrong in the time he was on?

His form may not be brilliant but he's not alone there.

Dropping him proved what? Poor from Dean Smith on that one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

You didn't see how we were better with 10 men on the pitch when he came on?

You didn't see how bad Hause was technically - particularly in the send off incident? (I mean, it's a basic defensive skill that you NEVER turn your body and attempt a tackle with the outside of your foot. I learned that in U9's)

Can you name anything Mings did wrong in the time he was on?

His form may not be brilliant but he's not alone there.

Dropping him proved what? Poor from Dean Smith on that one.

When we conceded two further goals and the game was well and truly lost? I'm not sure I understand your definition of better.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

When we conceded two further goals and the game was well and truly lost? I'm not sure I understand your definition of better.

Oh we were never going to win going 2 goals down. We don't have the lethality nor creativity even with 11 men.

However, we did push on and hit the bar with a good chance from Ollie. That was our best period of the game until they got their 3rd (thanks largely to Hause jumping in and getting it wrong) and with 10 men, that's all she wrote.

Would we even have had that had Konsa stayed on the pitch and Mings off? It's impossible to tell, but based on our first 45 minutes it would seem unlikely.

Watching him at half time with the other subs warming up, whilst the others looked together there he was away from the rest of them, when they was doing shuttle runs he didn’t look arsed at all, jogging when the others was doing sprints

Something’s gone badly wrong here. I don’t believe he has been dropped purely on form, since plenty of out of form players started for us today - Smith knows he is a much better player than Hause and has stuck by him in the past when his form has been patchy.

Seems more likely to me that something’s been said or done last week, and Smith felt he had no option but to make an example of him.

The sad thing is that would now mean Buendia, Sanson and Mings have all apparently been benched for disrespecting the manager. It just feels like he’s struggling to keep a grip on the egos at the moment.

Â