Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

IS he a great character? Seems like an utter knob and loses his head. Hardly a great leader. 

If you leave aside his social media stuff, I agree that I don't think he comes across that well on the pitch. Often seems to be shouting at team mates for poor periods of defensive play, when he's quite often the architect of it. Then there was the bust up with El Ghazi, the accidental treading on two different players etc.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spoony said:

IS he a great character? Seems like an utter knob and loses his head. Hardly a great leader. 

Again, I guess I was trying to be nice, as he's one of us. But your right.

Sell him to the toon, is a great shout.

Edited by foreveryoung

13 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

It was a weird one.

Originally, somebody other than Mings lined up to take the free kick, then left it for Mings. That's taken some time already.

Then Mings steps forward and walks past the stationary ball by about 3 yards while barking out instructions for the next 10 seconds or so to the rest of the team.

The ref is unimpressed and takes this as an obvious time wasting effort and produces a yellow card.

I really think if he stayed behind the ball and did the same, he would have been fine.

You are missing the key step in what happened. 

The ref warned Mings for time wasting and he then started his run up to take the free and stopped. It was this that correctly got him a yellow card

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You are missing the key step in what happened. 

The ref warned Mings for time wasting and he then started his run up to take the free and stopped. It was this that correctly got him a yellow card

Yeah why the hell he did that was stupid.  As a central defender putting yourself on a yellow card for that is plain stupid, just puts him and the team 7nder more pressure…I was screaming at him from the Holte like most other fans around me at him doing that.

3 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think he is a great guy, I have a lot of time for him. But, imo, he is not good enough for Aston Villa. His footballing skills would be good enough but the main problem is his inconsistency. Thanks for the service Tyrone but it is time to move on

On 12/09/2021 at 09:20, Peter Griffin said:

We should hopefully be able to make a healthy accounting profit on Mings next summer, crica 20m/25m.

Ah yes, £20-25m for a player not "good enough for Aston Villa". They'll be queuing up.

Hopefully we can sell Trezeguet for £20m. And El Ghazi for £20m. And Jed Steer for £15m. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah yes, £20-25m for a player not "good enough for Aston Villa". They'll be queuing up.

Hopefully we can sell Trezeguet for £20m. And El Ghazi for £20m. And Jed Steer for £15m. 

What point are you trying to make?

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What point are you trying to make?

There's far too much talk of shipping players out easily and for whatever price we want. 

Then it's used later to criticise the club and usually the manager.

If the players aren't good enough for Villa, it's incredibly unlikely anyone will be looking to buy them off us for much of a profit.

• Like 1

He needs to go back to basic’s again. Just stick it in row Z if you have to. It does seem like him and Konsa are asked to support the full back when attacking on either flank and neither of them seem comfortable when doing it.  More often than not leads to us losing the ball.  

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

There's far too much talk of shipping players out easily and for whatever price we want. 

Then it's used later to criticise the club and usually the manager.

If the players aren't good enough for Villa, it's incredibly unlikely anyone will be looking to buy them off us for much of a profit.

As you have taken the time to go back over my posts I would suggest you read the full thread of my discussion on Mings. As Mings has been at Villa for a number of years now we have already amortised a huge amount of his transfer fee. This means that we can sell Mings at a lower price than we paid for him and still make a significant profit. Yes, Mings is not good enough for Villa and that is not for where we are today but where we are going. We are trying to compete for Europe. We need better than Mings and yes there are many clubs out there where Mings would improve their team. That is because Villa is ahead of many clubs out there

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Absolute fallacy he gets picked over Konsa for England, but then again that's down to Southgates ineptness 

The fact that Mings is left footed is a huge part of his value and why he gets into the England team imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

As you have taken the time to go back over my posts I would suggest you read the full thread of my discussion on Mings. As Mings has been at Villa for a number of years now we have already amortised a huge amount of his transfer fee. This means that we can sell Mings at a lower price than we paid for him and still make a significant profit. Yes, Mings is not good enough for Villa and that is not for where we are today but where we are going. We are trying to compete for Europe. We need better than Mings and yes there are many clubs out there where Mings would improve their team. That is because Villa is ahead of many clubs out there

You really don't think Mings is good enough to be on a team that competes for Europe?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You really don't think Mings is good enough to be on a team that competes for Europe?

Yep, he is a good enough footballer from a technical perspective. The problem I see with Mings is the very recurring errors and lapses. At the level of competing for Europe every point is sacred and dropping unnecessary points can mean the difference between qualification or not. The PL is a very strong league and if you are prone to errors you will be punished by the opposition. As much as I like Mings and REALLY appreciate the service and wonderful times he has helped Villa to enjoy I think we are moving on to a different place than one that can live with the errors

• Like 1

Â