Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

They're both attack minded box-to-box midfielders, so I don't think it's true to say that they're nothing alike, they have similar roles within a team. They've also had a similar trajectory coming through as well, both started out as more out and out attackers, sometimes playing as wingers or wide attackers, before settling into more conventional midfled roles with more defensive responsiblities.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not read RAWK for a while but they really rate him as the cheaper alternative to Bellingham, surprised me how positive they were about him

Should go to the u21s this summer and then get a shot in the autumn games but you just know the clown will call up Jones and elliot

Didn't it leak a few months ago that his profile had come up on whatever scouting system they use as ideal fit for their system.

Seems they've settled for Alexis Macalister as sort of Henderson replacement though.

100 games for us already and he's still only 21. People forget that sometimes.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Ramsey is left sided , Bellingham is central, he's running the midfield similar to Doug/Kam , tbh Bellingham does abit of everything and very well. Aran is closer to what Bellingham offers, obviously at a lower level..

Its hard to compare them as Bellingham is in the German league, it would be interesting to see if he is as affective in the prem, I doubt it tbh.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

100 games for us already and he's still only 21. People forget that sometimes.

That's pretty crazy when you think about it. I hope his brother turns out as good. 

oneof my cousins who is an arsenal fan was raving about Ramsey last year. When they came in for Douglas Luiz, he was adamant that Ramsey would be a better fit for them and that he would be great in the arsenal team long term.6 goals and 5 assists is a great return for a 21 year old who has many years ahead of him and who is obviously going to improve as we improve as a team. With Ramsey you can clearly see he hasnt hit his ceiling and that he has the footballing intelligence to find space and score goals, very important for a midfield player in the modern age when the goalscoring burden needs to be shared

• Like 1

Because he's been in our 1st team for so long, it's like everyone outside of Villa forgets he's still young.

For example, I saw a 'U21 best XI' from some rag on Twitter, with Romeo Lavia in there ahead of him FFS

I think over the next few years his numbers are going to go through the roof. 6 goals this season is a brilliant return (so this is absolutely not a criticism), but the way he arrives late in the box, he composure when he gets there and his striking ability with both feet is incredible. 

Very different players of course but those are the sort of attributes that ensured Lampard got into double figures most seasons and I expect Ramsey will be doing the same in a few years once he adds more consistency to his game. 

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Because he's been in our 1st team for so long, it's like everyone outside of Villa forgets he's still young.

For example, I saw a 'U21 best XI' from some rag on Twitter, with Romeo Lavia in there ahead of him FFS

Technically he isn't U21, though.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think over the next few years his numbers are going to go through the roof. 6 goals this season is a brilliant return (so this is absolutely not a criticism), but the way he arrives late in the box, he composure when he gets there and his striking ability with both feet is incredible. 

Very different players of course but those are the sort of attributes that ensured Lampard got into double figures most seasons and I expect Ramsey will be doing the same in a few years once he adds more consistency to his game. 

Yes indeed...

Add to that his ability of controlling and running with the ball at pace is another great attribute.

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Technically he isn't U21, though.

He was when the season started, for one. And secondly U21 is 21 and under, as it is at every age group.

The pedantry doesn't change the point.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â