Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Another great performance...

Gets a goal, crowd singing his name and still so young.

A preseason under Emery and more progress from Ramsey next season which is brilliant to look forward to.

I really, really want to see him and Aaron playing together - it's a fantastic story. Have we had any brothers play for the club at the same time before? Closest I can think of is the Moores but I'm 99% sure they never appeared together for the first team. 

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I really, really want to see him and Aaron playing together - it's a fantastic story. Have we had any brothers play for the club at the same time before? Closest I can think of is the Moores but I'm 99% sure they never appeared together for the first team. 

Alan and Sir Brian?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Add Tim and you have the Great Barr full midfield. Don’t forget Cole either 

34 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Lovely finish to a great attacking move.

And not just that - he won the ball in the first place, played a pass, got it back, played the key pass to Bailey, then finished it. As good as a solo run for my money.

• Like 3

It would be fantastic if we can get to a position next year where he isn’t a guaranteed starter. That’s not me saying I don’t rate him, I think he’s a good player with lots more to come, I just think that used in rotation, he could do even more damage than he’s doing now. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It would be fantastic if we can get to a position next year where he isn’t a guaranteed starter. That’s not me saying I don’t rate him, I think he’s a good player with lots more to come, I just think that used in rotation, he could do even more damage than he’s doing now. 

Completely agree with this. I see where other fans are coming from with the view that he can only get better with 90 mins each week but as mentioned, occasionally games can pass him by. Slightly fewer minutes but higher impact could be a good next stage for his development and then 24-25 is where he cements himself as undroppable if he continues in this manner.

Edited by Powehi
  • Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 20:51, lexicon said:

I think the Chukuwemekas played a few minutes together in a cup game 😂

• Haha 2

On BBC Facebook it’s saying he’s created 16 chances since April 23rd (not sure why they have chosen that date, think it just shows off TAA 🤦🏻‍♂️), putting him 5th in the league. Shows his worth to the team 

On 14/05/2023 at 18:44, Indigo said:

Not an achievement to be sniffed at. JJ has all the ability there, still think he just needs to ensure that games don't pass him by as they sometimes tend to and the sky is the limit for him. Still a very young player so no reason to think he can't do so under a coach like Emery.

As I said a few weeks back he's had that tricky second season 99% of young players have when teams start to wise up and develop plans to disrupt their play. Considering he plays in midfield 5 goals and 5 assists is still pretty decent and I think if he's still starting regularly next season he should be looking to push for 9-10 goals as he certainly has that Ian Taylor knack of arriving late into the box as cross is coming in. Lampard was also a master of that at his peak at Chelsea.

Feel sorry for JJ on missing out on a nomination for young player of the year, especially since two of the players on the list spent significant parts of the season injured. He's been very good since Unai arrived, and scored quite a few too.

Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard and Gabriel Martinelli have each been nominated to win Premier League young player of the year.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-premier-league-young-poty-30013264

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mac Allister and Odegaard are 24. 

They really need to have a look at young player of the year - if should be for 21's 'really.

Its nonsense

Should be breakthrough or "rookie" of the year, even JJ it's his 3rd PL season and he's closing in on 100 games, I don't want him in there either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its nonsense

Should be breakthrough or "rookie" of the year, even JJ it's his 3rd PL season and he's closing in on 100 games, I don't want him in there either

He could win it in 2026.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â