Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Still think he's gone under the radar a little bit outside of Villa. If he was playing for one of the media favourites there'd be twice as much hype around him considering how young he still is.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

From what I've seen, opposition fans seem to rate him more than our fans do 

Not read RAWK for a while but they really rate him as the cheaper alternative to Bellingham, surprised me how positive they were about him

Should go to the u21s this summer and then get a shot in the autumn games but you just know the clown will call up Jones and elliot

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not read RAWK for a while but they really rate him as the cheaper alternative to Bellingham, surprised me how positive they were about him

Should go to the u21s this summer and then get a shot in the autumn games but you just know the clown will call up Jones and elliot

United fans are the same. Cheaper version of Bellingham seems to be the consensus. They really rate him. And we're just kinda like mehh he's okay. He's been in the team so long we forget he's just 21.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hourihane was a little miffed at first but I'm sure he knew it was the right call.

I like Connor but Ramsey had more ability as an 18 year old than he ever did. I also remember him saying Jack was too good for us which annoyed me 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I like Connor but Ramsey had more ability as an 18 year old than he ever did. I also remember him saying Jack was too good for us which annoyed me 

Always had a lot to say for someone who was such a coward on the pitch. No doubts he'll be trying to weasel his way back in at Villa soon enough.

• Haha 1

Bellingham is a freak, I really can’t think of many (any) that are so composed and accomplished at such a young age, he is remarkable. At 19 he was the heart of our World Cup team and why we looked so improved and balanced. That’s a very hard comparison for Ramsey.

Ramsey is very good, his only problem is his consistency (expected due to his age) and possibly we are playing him out of his ideal position. But he has great energy, control, covers ground well with the ball, has a terrific and reliable shot, and finishes well. He will blossom like Grealish - exceptional raw talent that become honed by 24 y.o. 

Emery clearly trusts and rates him, he will do very well under him. We have an exceptional talent in him, and they say his brother is better too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Still think he's gone under the radar a little bit outside of Villa. If he was playing for one of the media favourites there'd be twice as much hype around him considering how young he still is.

I've seen him get mentions from a few lesser known pundits to be fair.

21 years old, looked like the best attacking player on the pitch yesterday and people were calling him a 'championship player at best' not long ago 🤣

The Liverpool forums are saying he's exactly what they need. 

Make Connor Gallagher look like a Ford Anglia. 

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

You have to love him...he's improving all the time.

A pre-season under Emery and he'll get even better.

J. Ramsey could break all sorts of records if he wants!

Doesn't matter if Aaron is better than Jacob or not, most important thing is that he's a good player in his own right which he is, not many players his age had a season as good as he's just had, eight goals and four assists in twenty-nine Championship games, terms of minutes on the pitch closer to nineteen games, and not just his goal and assist stats most Middlesbrough fans recognized him as their most creative player, if it wasn't for his injury might be Middlesbrough in the play-off final now rather than Coventry.

I saw Cole play recently as well for an U17 team against Vitoria, came off the bench and played a big part in setting up two goals for us which won the game, not saying he looked like a wonder kid or anything, but came on and played well and made a difference despite being half the size of everyone else on the pitch, looked like he had genuine promise, will be an U16 next season and as such might play up at times for the U18s but because of his very small physical stature we will have to manage that correctly.

Jacob has done brilliantly any younger players that get even close to his level will be doing very well indeed, there will be some that don't but still have very good careers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

21 years old, looked like the best attacking player on the pitch yesterday and people were calling him a 'championship player at best' not long ago 🤣

The Liverpool forums are saying he's exactly what they need. 

Make Connor Gallagher look like a Ford Anglia. 

Who said he looks like a 'Championship player at best'?

Edited by Tom13

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who said he looks like a 'Championship player at best'?

I'm not going to dig people out, but go back 5-10 pages and especially into March and earlier and some of the comments are rather funny. 

Cashing in, squad player, comments on his brother already being better than him, not PL quality...

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

United fans are the same. Cheaper version of Bellingham seems to be the consensus. They really rate him. And we're just kinda like mehh he's okay. He's been in the team so long we forget he's just 21.

He's nothing like Bellingham, other than he's from Birmingham,  their clueless 

• Like 1

Â