Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He's way out of form and needs a spell on the bench or in his natural position. He's being played as an 8 and he clearly isn't one. At least not yet.
He should be rotating with Coutinho and Buendia as a #10.

This is a significant reason our midfield is so hopelessly out of balance and we're underperforming as a team. McGinn is terrible and JJ is not an 8.
If you have a midfield 3 and two of them are sticking out like sore thumbs, no good can come of it.

Play Dendoncker and Luiz in front of the back 4, then 3 from JJ, Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia and one striker. Archer, at least until we can buy one in January. Take the defensive duties off JJ.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2022 at 23:52, mikeyp102 said:

Different type of players, but on his day Alli was a very good player, in 16/17 he scored 18 and assisted 7. That would be one of our best ever individual goal scoring performances.

In fact, it would be our best ever goal contribution stats in a season in the PL. 

• Shocked 1

21 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Still have zero clue how this wasn’t a red.

spacer.png

Who does Chilwell play for?

I had a thought this morning about mings' tackle on saka last season where he won the ball cleanly, whole foot on the ball, then clipped saka on the follow through and he went down screaming getting mings a yellow card... How are those 2 tackles worthy of the same punishment?

The whole thing is broken and VAR is not how to fix it, its bigger than that

• Like 2

Some have said JJ playing on left of a front 3 I totally agree on thus his major skill is running with the ball and moving forward quickly.

I'm not surprised Slippy hasn't done this as he's clearly inept at setting us up correctly and playing certain player sin correct positions. Moving JJ forward allows the midfield to retain some sort of cohesion.

Luiz    kamara     sanson

Bailey                   ings                Ramsey

Imo that midfield is far more balanced it could work, however never in a million years would Gerrard select this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

Some have said JJ playing on left of a front 3 I totally agree on thus his major skill is running with the ball and moving forward quickly.

I'm not surprised Slippy hasn't done this as he's clearly inept at setting us up correctly and playing certain player sin correct positions. Moving JJ forward allows the midfield to retain some sort of cohesion.

Imo that midfield is far more balanced it could work, however never in a million years would Gerrard select this.

Gerrard played Ramsey there for the City game to be fair to him, it’s where the idea really gathered steam.

2 hours ago, villan501 said:

Go 4-2-3-1 and swap Sanson for Buendia and I'm all for it

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Go 4-2-3-1 and swap Sanson for Buendia and I'm all for it

Either way I'd cream my pants at us showing some flexibility and actually trying something different. Unfortunately it's never gonna happen under Gerrard.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 06:03, duke313 said:

Get Ramsey playing on the left where Jack played, his best attribute his carrying the ball, same as Jack.

Grealish was excellent at carrying, but just as good at passing. I wouldn't say that carrying was necessarily his best attribute. JJ is nowhere near his level at passing, at least not yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomC said:

Grealish was excellent at carrying, but just as good at passing. I wouldn't say that carrying was necessarily his best attribute. JJ is nowhere near his level at passing, at least not yet.

Nor carrying, Grealish knew exactly when to drive and when not to. Man, what a joy to watch he was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's had his development seriously hamstrung.

Whilst he's played a lot of games he's not actually developed. I think Gerrard just saw him as energy and legs 

One of his 'tactics' sheets read 'JJ to dominate'

I like the boy...great future....but needs to be more effective.

needs more about him when we haven't got the ball like Bellingham.

Needs more improvement, in certain aspects of his game, but can easily see him doing it, if he is guided right.

can tend to lose the ball a bit too easy, needs to tighten that up too.

but overall, good player.

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's had his development seriously hamstrung.

Whilst he's played a lot of games he's not actually developed. I think Gerrard just saw him as energy and legs 

Gerrard is very much cut from the Bruce cloth in management, can see it already. Can attract names ( as Bruce did with Abraham, then they stagnate as no coaching is done really ) I know Ramsey was a product of the academy but his regression is the same. Actually when he went on loan at Doncaster he showed a beautiful array of passing. Now, he just runs. Lacks game intelligence but there is a player in there - just looks a bit lost. 

• Like 2

Â