Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was breaking out before that and had just scored his first goal before Smith was sacked.

Ramsey was breaking out last season regardless of manager

Breakthrough under Smith. Yes. 

Best performances under Gerrard. Leeds away last season, Man Utd at VP, Norwich away, all under Gerrard. 

I hate the guy, but he's improved Ramsey. Fact. 

He's done nothing else for an of our young players, however. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Best performances under Gerrard. Leeds away last season, Man Utd at VP, Norwich away, all under Gerrard. 

" Promote " him to Youth team Manager? 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

or just natural development whilst usually being played out of position, im close to saying he's better for the U21s than he is for us but i do think depending on the line up thats usually because he looks like the U21 player that actually plays PL football every week

did steve bruce or dean smith really make grealish better or was he always just going to get better the more he played?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

or just natural development whilst usually being played out of position, im close to saying he's better for the U21s than he is for us but i do think depending on the line up thats usually because he looks like the U21 player that actually plays PL football every week

did steve bruce or dean smith really make grealish better or was he always just going to get better the more he played?

Time Sherwood did mate.

• Like 1

Is it just me who thinks that, just like Grealish, he'd benefit from playing further up the field?

He goes missing in crowded midfields, defending isn't his strongest attribute, and his biggest strength is running at and past players, which would be easier to do if you have one less line of players to run at.

His finishing is also very good, and he'd certainly get more chances to do that. Come to think about it, start him up front ahead of Watkins 😂

7 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Is it just me who thinks that, just like Grealish, he'd benefit from playing further up the field?

He goes missing in crowded midfields, defending isn't his strongest attribute, and his biggest strength is running at and past players, which would be easier to do if you have one less line of players to run at.

His finishing is also very good, and he'd certainly get more chances to do that. Come to think about it, start him up front ahead of Watkins 😂

I’ve been saying the same for time, play him where coutinho plays and we become so much more dangerous in attack. He’s not a great passer, or at least hasn’t been in the position he’s played in currently. He runs at teams and can finish, and it would free a midfield spot for someone more suited to it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steero113 said:

That's far from a fact. Ramsey is a young player getting better with experience. I'd argue slippy is slowing down his development. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve been saying the same for time, play him where coutinho plays and we become so much more dangerous in attack. He’s not a great passer, or at least hasn’t been in the position he’s played in currently. He runs at teams and can finish, and it would free a midfield spot for someone more suited to it. 

In a good way, his game is similar to Dele Alli before it all fell apart! 

36 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He has more to his game than Alli. Alli can't/couldn't dribble to save his life.

Different type of players, but on his day Alli was a very good player, in 16/17 he scored  18 and assisted 7. That would be one of our best ever individual goal scoring performances.

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Different type of players, but on his day Alli was a very good player, in 16/17 he scored  18 and assisted 7. That would be one of our best ever individual goal scoring performances.

True, but I think that was a freak season in a good system. I always thought that ability wise he was very limited. What are his stand out abilities? Positioning and finishing, that's it. And I even think that season was a freak season for him finishing wise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

True, but I think that was a freak season in a good system. I always thought that ability wise he was very limited. What are his stand out abilities? Positioning and finishing, that's it. And I even think that season was a freak season for him finishing wise.

Yeah me too, Alli was a statistical monster and that was enough for people in the media to not have to watch him but still declare him as world class walk in to the barca team

His footballing skillset for things like passing and carrying the ball were poor, he had great timing and finishing but he was never a player going to shine taking 80 touches a game or having the game played through him, Ramsey could

• Like 1

Â