Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, striker said:

So I guess getting regular game time under the title of ‘Pet Project’ from a manager that was rightly sacked constitutes a Premiership standard player?

Not for me it doesn’t and you do know he was immediately dropped by an interim manager who recognised that both Ramsey & McGinn were shite for some considerable time?

Doesn’t exactly fit your opinion does it??

This season He wasn’t being used correctly by Gerrard. He was in the running for PFA young player of the season last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

He was immediately dropped by an interim manager who recognised that both Ramsey & McGinn were shite for some considerable time?

Doesn’t exactly fit your opinion does it??

I know his best and main position doesn't exist in a 4231, so he didn't play. If we play 433, I bet he does. He'll of course continue to learn, improve and could end up a very good 6, 10 or winger in the future.

It fits in with the perception of Everton fans you would write off a 21 year who has shown so much promise as a "Championship player at best".

At the same age...60 odd more PL apps than Leon Osman...60 more than Tom Cleverley....30 more than David Beckham. Players who played hundreds of top-flight games. Yet you're saying he's got no chance. Right.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I know his best and main position doesn't exist in a 4231, so he didn't play. If we play 433, I bet he does. He'll of course continue to learn, improve and could end up a very good 6, 10 or winger in the future.

It fits in with the perception of Everton fans you would write off a 21 year who has shown so much promise as a "Championship player at best".

At the same age...60 odd more PL apps than Leon Osman...60 more than Tom Cleverley....30 more than David Beckham. Players who played hundreds of top-flight games. Yet you're saying he's got no chance. Right.

He's future captain material imo

He was yet another player who suffered under Ste V . Not a great long passer but really good at 1-2s and has quick feet. But he is knackered physically and mentally by being played week in week out by Gerrard when he needed to dip in and out.  He has huge potential but is another of Gerrards talk a good game **** ups. Builds him up , then plays him wrongly and then continues to play him wrongly as his confidence visibly dropped. The one thing is he is defo a very coachable player. Takes on tactics well. Emery will get the best out of him . Not a flash give it the biggun kind of guy . 

Did Gerrard actually come through on a single thing he ever said ? Biggest car salesman  ever 

12 hours ago, romavillan said:

n a narrow 3 in the 4-2-3-1 JJ can play alongside Buendia

In the 4-4-2 he could start left sided.

In an attacking 4-2-3-1 he could one of the 2 in front of the defence and told to get up the pitch as much as possible.

In a more defensive 4-2-3-1 he could be given the 10 role in the center of the 3 and told to carry the ball from deep to get us up the pitch

Yes - I think - are you putting him in as a ten next to Buendia and with Coutinho on the left?

Maybe - but he's out of position when he plays on the flanks, it's not natural for him - he can do the job but he looks a bit awkward out there and we'd be much better off with a natural left sided midfielder out there.

No - I don't think he can do this - he's not a pivot player, he's about running at people and doing things in advanced areas - he's not a holding midfielder.

Yes - and I think that's his best role - same as the first one - he's by nature a ten who plays off a striker.

It'll be very interesting if Emery decides he wants to bring in another wide player or two - we'd then have Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn and Ramsey all potentially competing for one spot - and if we're going one-in-one-out, it'd be one or even two of these that would need to be sacrificed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be very interesting if Emery decides he wants to bring in another wide player or two - we'd then have Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn and Ramsey all potentially competing for one spot - and if we're going one-in-one-out, it'd be one or even two of these that would need to be sacrificed.

So..............Buendia and Ramsey then.

I think McGinn will be at Celtic in 18 months time. Thats a move he deserves for giving everything to us . But in the meantime theres no reason why he couldnt play as a back up 10 or even on the left in a 4231  from now till the end of the season. . He has got a great cross on him. But hes not a good passer. Ultilise his strengths rather than weaknesses 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Ramsey does need to be careful in deciding what sort of player he's going to be. He's got great talent, he's a superb athlete, but positionally, he's not quite a square peg anywhere -  just needs to be mindful he doesn't go the way of Dele Alli, who never quite figured out what he wanted to be.

tbh, i have been impressed with him out wide when i have seen him there, he drives with the ball very well like a winger, he's quite fast without being rapid (especially carrying the ball), but he can certainly make the yards out wide from what i have seen.

If left footed Bailey might play on the left, i wonder how Ramsey (with his right foot), would do on the right.

in a 4231 he defo isnt a pivot player, he isnt as creative as buendia or couts for the 10, but could act as backup as he does work harder than couts, i would like to see what he could do on the right in the AM three in a 4231.

Edited by MaVilla

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

Against tougher opposition he could operate as a number 10 behind a sole striker, he links up well and gets in the box enough. Would make us more defensive than playing an out and out number 10. 

to be honest i think Buendia is better defensively & at working hard than Ramsey, although Ramsey isnt terrible ofc.

3 hours ago, catanzaro said:

I think Unai will develop him in to one of the best midfielders in Europe

Love him. But not sure he has the tactical nouse or footballing brain for it? 

His passing isn’t good enough. But defo think we haven’t got the best out of him, he needs to be driving at players. Gerrard really hampered that after the first few games. 

13 hours ago, tinker said:

Against tougher opposition he could operate as a number 10 behind a sole striker, he links up well and gets in the box enough. Would make us more defensive than playing an out and out number 10. 

This is what I've been thinking recently. He could very much play the role Son plays for Spurs. Very similar in their dribbling at pace ability. Brutal in counter attacks. 

• Like 1

Â