Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Tonight is showing he's a fantastic dribbler, involved in both England goals.

He was constantly showing this from Dec-March last season, not so much lately but it's just a dip. I wouldn't be against him being out wide with licence to drift in, we need him with some space to run into rather than constantly crowded out in central areas. Man. City assist showed as much.

This is why we need to look at a Pochettino, he'd love to work with Ramsey given how plenty of young players at Spurs kicked on under his management.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Do German under 21s have any top midfield prospects or are they all with the seniors?

Ramsey breezing through their central midfield time and again. Should've had another assist there.

When I watch Musiala play he reminds me of Ramsey. Obviously the latter is a lot more highly rated because of who he plays for and is the better player but I see a lot of similarities.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was constantly showing this from Dec-March last season, not so much lately but it's just a dip. I wouldn't be against him being out wide with licence to drift in, we need him with some space to run into rather than constantly crowded out in central areas. Man. City assist showed as much.

This is why we need to look at a Pochettino, he'd love to work with Ramsey given how plenty of young players at Spurs kicked on under his management.

If we played a more traditional 4-1-4-1, sacked off the advancing full backs with attacks coming from any of the 4 midfielders (let’s say you go Buendia Ramsey McGinn Bailey) he’d thrive. That’s the through them rather than around them approach.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Do German under 21s have any top midfield prospects or are they all with the seniors?

Ramsey breezing through their central midfield time and again. Should've had another assist there.

Musiala and Wirtz, both attacking midfielders and both play for the seniors 

Same as last night, this isn't a good Germany set up 

• Thanks 1

On 27/09/2022 at 15:52, VillaChris said:

Something like what he did with Alli. JJ is ready made for this. Him in a 3 with either Coutinho or Buendia and Bailey behind the striker would perfectly recreate 2015-17 Spurs 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Commentator for this match said Ramsey reminded him of Yaya Toure; quick with the ball at his feet, strong and quick too.

Let us hope Ramsey can continue to progress with Villa.

hopefully we dont forget to get him a birthday cake as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s got worse. His best performance for 6 months was for England u21s.

His best ever performances and real breakthrough came for us, under SG... sorry, but it's true.

Whether he's fallen off or not, is another thing altogether.

We can't rewrite history and narratives on everything just to suit our current viewpoints.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His best ever performances and real breakthrough came for us, under SG... sorry, but it's true.

Whether he's fallen off or not, is another thing altogether.

We can't rewrite history and narratives on everything just to suit our current viewpoints.

He was breaking out before that and had just scored his first goal before Smith was sacked.

Ramsey was breaking out last season regardless of manager

Â