Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

21 minutes ago, KitKat said:

Been critical of JJ recently but fair play tonight - a very tough match against top opposition so well done to him for a deserved assist and the tireless work he put in.

Could be a new role for him on the left of a front 3 or a one off to counter City?

I think that it was a one-off. His pace helped with the counter, and furthermore, even though we were mostly 4-3-3, at times when we were deep in our own end, he dropped into the midfield line and it was more of a 4-4-2. I think SG wanted 4 midfielders out there to limit City.

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

We may just have found a new role for him, which suits all of of us right now. 

It’s more so a case of playing with 2 good midfielders in Kamara and Luiz. He can drop back into midfield once  Mcginn  is relegated to the bench.

• Like 2

Think this is mostly about blend. 

JJ's game has gone up a notch every time McGinn has been subbed off this season. I just don't think they work together. 

Really, Luiz and Kamara should be nailed on as starting CMs...then we build from there depending on tactics and opposition. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think we should start him at LW regularly. Yes, he was picked for his defensive solidity, but I actually think with his pace he's a more useful option at LW than any of our other options at the moment.

I know, right? 

Shock horror. Man with pace, ball carrying ability and work rate plays well on left of front 3.

Honestly, I’ve been saying it for ages, he needs to play further forward. I think McGinn does too but there probably isn’t room. Where does McGinn do his best work for Scotland? 

Leave him out there, play Luiz and Kamara as the two, Bailey on the right and you have balance, pace and work ethic.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know, right? 

Shock horror. Man with pace, ball carrying ability and work rate plays well on left of front 3.

Honestly, I’ve been saying it for ages, he needs to play further forward. I think McGinn does too but there probably isn’t room. Where does McGinn do his best work for Scotland? 

Leave him out there, play Luiz and Kamara as the two, Bailey on the right and you have balance, pace and work ethic.

McGinn does his best work for Scotland against the likes of Latvia , Moldova and Luxembourg etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I think we should start him at LW regularly. Yes, he was picked for his defensive solidity, but I actually think with his pace he's a more useful option at LW than any of our other options at the moment.

The thing is he's not particularly solid defensively at the moment, he has a lot to learn on that side of the game.

Struggles tracking runners, and he sold himself horribly several times today leading to Man City breaking into good positions.

However his ability to create something out of nothing by driving with the ball is important, so freeing him up a little from defensively responsibilities could benefit us as a team

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Exactly, I think he could do the same role Grealish did for us. Particularly with his ability to dribble and beat players 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, andym said:

The thing is he's not particularly solid defensively at the moment, he has a lot to learn on that side of the game.

Struggles tracking runners, and he sold himself horribly several times today leading to Man City breaking into good positions.

However his ability to create something out of nothing by driving with the ball is important, so freeing him up a little from defensively responsibilities could benefit us as a team

Yeah, I meant in comparison with our attacking players (Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia, Ings, Traore, etc) - I think he's defensively more solid than all of them, which is why he started. Agree as a CM, he still has some work to do on that side of his game.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Should’ve scored. But that aside played well and worked hard for the team. 

I don't know about should've, but I would like to have seen him at least release a shot ... for Watkins if not no one else.

13 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We may just have found a new role for him, which suits all of of us right now. 

Just came in here to post this. He looked so much more comfortable playing that role/position, and he's so dangerous with his dribbling around and into the box.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Just came in here to post this. He looked so much more comfortable playing that role/position, and he's so dangerous with his dribbling around and into the box.

It also takes the pressure off him a little being further forward, where in a midfield three he’s having to be extremely disciplined. It’s almost taking the shackles off him somewhat.

• Like 1

Â