Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 29/09/2020 at 14:57, mikeyp102 said:

When was the last time we had a Cm come through the academy? I’m thinking Davis or Barry? Such a hard position to break through in. If he establishes himself in the role he’ll have done well. 

Barry Bannan? Perhaps the most hyped academy player I can recall other than Grealish (rightly so!)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ZL- said:

Barry Bannan? Perhaps the most hyped academy player I can recall other than Grealish (rightly so!)

I think he was quite unlucky with us and generally in his career.  His drink driving certainly didn't help him  But MON & Lambert didn't really help him. I think if Houllier hadn't have fallen ill he'd have gone to have decent career for us. Not for where we're headed now, but he's been way above the level of ability of players we've had since he's left. And if Westwood is good enough for the Premier league then Bannan easily is.

I digress. Good luck Jacob!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

What and waste his talent like we did with o'hare or gardener or any of our other youth players except Jack. 

Or Gareth Barry, or Dwight yorke or Lee hendrie or vassell or other young players we have thought were good enough to play 1st team football ?

Sending players out on loan such as ohare and gardener at 19 or 20 years old didnt do them much good for us did it ?

If you dont try him you don't know.

He has had minutes and has not looked out of place against Fulham.

If there is no intention of playing him unless of several injuries then yes a loan would be beneficial, if he is sure to get 20 or 30 minutes every other game as a sub and has the chance to fill in if someone is injured or suspended then that is worth far more.

18 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Or Gareth Barry, or Dwight yorke or Lee hendrie or vassell or other young players we have thought were good enough to play 1st team football ?

Sending players out on loan such as ohare and gardener at 19 or 20 years old didnt do them much good for us did it ?

If you dont try him you don't know.

He has had minutes and has not looked out of place against Fulham.

If there is no intention of playing him unless of several injuries then yes a loan would be beneficial, if he is sure to get 20 or 30 minutes every other game as a sub and has the chance to fill in if someone is injured or suspended then that is worth far more.

O'Hare first went on loan last season. Gardner went on a 1 month emergency loan at 19, to then come back and rot on our bench for 3 years. Neither are great examples of loans to get consistent game time.

The problem is he isn't sure to get time playing for us. We wont have more than 2 midfielders on the bench and those are likely to be Nakamba, because of what he offers defensively when we want to tighten up and Hourihane, because of his set piece ability when we're desperately chasing a game.

23 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Still maintain the loan needs to be right for us and him. A club like Sunderland, not sure if they are in for him but he'd get into their team + they are a huge club relative to the league they are in so id like to see how he copes with an expectant and demanding fan base also.

At what stage do we think that will even be relevant? 

21 hours ago, commander said:

I think he was quite unlucky with us and generally in his career.  His drink driving certainly didn't help him  But MON & Lambert didn't really help him. I think if Houllier hadn't have fallen ill he'd have gone to have decent career for us. Not for where we're headed now, but he's been way above the level of ability of players we've had since he's left. And if Westwood is good enough for the Premier league then Bannan easily is.

Could you illustrate your point with some form of heat map?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, commander said:

I digress. Good luck Jacob!

Yet no premier league team ever thought this.

Yeah, a couple of good moments in the first half, don't know if the lack of end product from those knocked his confidence a bit. He didn't take responsibility in the second half though, happy to receive the ball and just play it back to the defence - not alone in that regard, but disappointing nonetheless.

Alan Hutton on Jacob Ramsey

“He had his feet firmly on the ground, he looked like he had a really good upbringing, he wanted to learn, he wanted to listen, if the older boys gave him advice, he would take it on board.

“He was out doing extra training, I remember when Tammy Abraham and people like were there, out doing finishing, he wanted to go out and do the finishing with them so it shows you a real desire he’s got to improve as a player.

“From a year from when I was there, I can see a massive difference in him already, even physically as well. It looks like he’s ready to step up now and it’s up to him now to go and prove to the manager that he’s ready to step in.”

Some encouraging words from Hutton. It sounds like the lad has the right attitude to make it. Fingers crossed he stays grounded and takes his chances when they come along.

• Like 3

On 30/09/2020 at 17:27, Follyfoot said:
  On 30/09/2020 at 12:23, Thug said:

I too want him to stay, but how many times do you think we’ll go 3 up this season?

Well the third time will be 7:37 pm on Sunday

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

😂😂😂😂

Wait, we weren’t 3 up until the 4th goal went in at 7:53.

you were 16 minutes out buddy.

Edited by Thug
  • Haha 2

Â