Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I’d definitely have him stay now. Training every day with Grealish, Barkley, McGinn and Luis is an amazing opportunity for a young lad, and I think he’s in the top two (with Conor) back-up options for either of the more attacking midfield slots, so will get minutes. 

I'd prefer him to go out on loan and get regular game time. He's not going to be playing a lot with us this year, let alone start a game. A mid table championship side or top league 1 side where could start regularly could help him develop. Sitting on the bench at villa park (which he won't do often, I think the midfield seats are for Hourihane and Nakamba) and getting 2 or 3 more cup games is not enough progress.

• Like 4

On 30/09/2020 at 17:49, commander said:

I think he was quite unlucky with us and generally in his career.  His drink driving certainly didn't help him  But MON & Lambert didn't really help him. I think if Houllier hadn't have fallen ill he'd have gone to have decent career for us. Not for where we're headed now, but he's been way above the level of ability of players we've had since he's left. And if Westwood is good enough for the Premier league then Bannan easily is.

I think he was unlucky that we were playing with two strikers at the time.  If he were coming through now with 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1/3-5-2 formations where you are getting an extra body in CM then he would be a Villa player (much like Davies could have been).  He is too lightweight to have played in a CM pair.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Considering how young he is it probably remains open where in midfield he is most suited to play against senior opposition.

which is why I think we should keep him rather than send him out on loan

agree with @Adam2003 we have some senior pros for him to learn from and he's behind hourihane ahead of Lansbury for me so he should make some squads

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

which is why I think we should keep him rather than send him out on loan

agree with @Adam2003 we have some senior pros for him to learn from and he's behind hourihane ahead of Lansbury for me so he should make some squads

I want us to keep him rather than loan his as well. He'll get minutes here this season and we also have some excellent players for him to study and learn from as well as a improved coaching set up this season.

Rather we try and find Lansbury a new club even if we have to pay a (large) portion of his wages.

On 07/10/2020 at 15:06, TRO said:

He needs cameo's and be introduced at fitting times.

gradual involvement is what he needs, in acclimatising him.

Sid was 18 when he started make a claim for a regular spot in the side. I'm not suggesting he's at that level or potentially capable of reaching that level, but, I agree, him being around the first team is a great education for such a precocious, young talent. Deano has obviously seen something in him that he likes, and I don't think he's a bad judge when it comes to who has it, and who doesn't. 

There's nothing more enjoyable than seeing a local lad become a first team regular. Who knows, we could eventually end up with a first eleven containing three Jacobs. Now wouldn't that be special? 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 05:11, barry'sboots said:

I haven't seen much of Ramsey at all.  Is he a no. 8/box to boxer or a no. 10/advanced CM'er.  His goal stats might suggest the latter?

i dont know what he is supposed to be, but he looks like a no 10 to me, i think he could develop in to an 8 as he grows and bulks up a bit.

If you watch the Bristol highlights he does a lovely dribble, cut inside and cross to Traore for the Traore worldie goal.

time stamped for just before Ramsey picks up the ball in the centre circle, dribbles, avoids a couple of tackles, cuts inside and crosses to Traore for the goal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Interesting his comments about staying behind with Richard O’kelly can imagine ROK a has a good way with younger players  

I imagine it could be Jacob Ramsey or Lionel Messi and ROK would treat them exactly the same in training. Shouting at them to use their weak foot on drills and to pick up the cones on the far side at the end.

From what ive seen he could develop into an 8 or 10. He is a probably more of an 8 just now. He just needs to polish his defending. To be an absolute top player he needs to develop a bit. He ball watches a little,  when defending and needs to communicate a bit better. But i think he is ready to play if McGinn is out.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I imagine it could be Jacob Ramsey or Lionel Messi and ROK would treat them exactly the same in training. Shouting at them to use their weak foot on drills and to pick up the cones on the far side at the end.

Possibly 😂 who knows, ROK comes across as a very likeable guy though the type you take to instantly ,but for all we know he could be total opposite behind the scenes 

Â