Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

7 hours ago, Nicho said:

I’m hoping this lad is why we are not buying two central midfielders (that and available cash)

I think he'll remain with the squad until the close of the EFL transfer window at which point he'll be loaned out to a Championship club, we'll see though.

I don't think Barkley necessarily sees him leave, depends on how Barkley is off the field and what the club want Ramsey to be 

If they can put them together in training and say to him this is how we see you playing watch and learn, develop with him or if we say both of you are long term let's start developing that relationship now while Ramsey is still learning 

There's the thing here that Barkley will eat in to his playing time but can still prove really beneficial to him, depends on the characters 

Credit to @BOF pointing this out. I need to post it again and encourage you to read these 99% negative replies if you haven't yet.

Always a great thing to see.

Lots of talk among Chelsea lot he probably forced this which is also an excellent sign. Something I was worried about.

Yeah I think this means we loan out Jacob, which I've always felt is the best move. He looks a good prospect so if he goes to a decent club and plays regularly then he'll be in a great place to challenge for a proper first XI spot next year. I worry if he stays he won't get enough time to properly develop to his potential.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Jacob is in the perfect place for a talent. Every time we go 3-0 up we can put him on for the last half hour and bed him in slowly.

I too want him to stay, but how many times do you think we’ll go 3 up this season?

Due to his age he doesn't count as part of the 25 man squad does he ?

So keeping him and giving him regular minutes seems the best thing to do.

Its not using up one of our squad places and I think he is the sort of player who plays accordingly to the standard he is playing at.

If he plays championship he will play well, if he plays division 1 he plays well, if he plays premier league again he plays well.

While I dont think at the moment he is excellent, I think he will develop more being around better players, training with better players and getting 15 to 30 minutes every other game plus all cup games.

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

I think he'll remain with the squad until the close of the EFL transfer window at which point he'll be loaned out to a Championship club, we'll see though.

From what Smith said in a previous interview, I think that is the plan. With Barkley coming in opportunities will be very limited, so it suits all parties to give him some first team experience in the Championship. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Still maintain the loan needs to be right for us and him. A club like Sunderland, not sure if they are in for him but he'd get into their team + they are a huge club relative to the league they are in so id like to see how he copes with an expectant and demanding fan base also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Still maintain the loan needs to be right for us and him. A club like Sunderland, not sure if they are in for him but he'd get into their team + they are a huge club relative to the league they are in so id like to see how he copes with an expectant and demanding fan base also.

Playing under Phil Parkinson? Christ, that would be a dreadful move.

Ideally we can get him in at Luton or if it is back to league one somewhere that actually plays football. Charlton maybe.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Due to his age he doesn't count as part of the 25 man squad does he ?

So keeping him and giving him regular minutes seems the best thing to do.

Its not using up one of our squad places and I think he is the sort of player who plays accordingly to the standard he is playing at.

If he plays championship he will play well, if he plays division 1 he plays well, if he plays premier league again he plays well.

While I dont think at the moment he is excellent, I think he will develop more being around better players, training with better players and getting 15 to 30 minutes every other game plus all cup games.

What and waste his talent like we did with o'hare or gardener or any of our other youth players except Jack. 

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd like a loan until the New Year then back to help us out in the run in.

I'd certainly have a look at how he's going in January if we do loan him out. If we are going well and he's in a team starting and playing good, I'd leave well alone. We can never get guarantees from any club we loan a player to but he has to go somewhere he will go straight into their first team.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Credit to @BOF pointing this out. I need to post it again and encourage you to read these 99% negative replies if you haven't yet.

Always a great thing to see.

Lots of talk among Chelsea lot he probably forced this which is also an excellent sign. Something I was worried about.

Mate of mine is gutted to see him leave and wished they got RLC out the door

Would rather keep him around, give him minutes here and there (as well as cup games) and allow him to train with and learn from our first team players.

Try to sell or loan out Lansbury instead, no real place for him here and we need to continue to clear the squad of deadwood or cast offs, we’ve done well in that so far (we actually managed to get rid of Hogan!).

• Like 1

Â