Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 20/04/2019 at 17:33, Vive_La_Villa said:

No matter what happens this season I’m glad all villa fans are now firmly behind Smith for next season.  

The players and manager need our support.  

Give it until we lose two on the bounce. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Well done Dean - I'm so happy and proud that I watched a Villa team, during my lifetime, break a 109 year old record and it was done with Villa fans Managing and Captaining the club! :flag::cheers:

With the glorious kit he's in also designed by a Villa fan. What a time to be a Villa fan!

• Like 2

First half I thought Milwall had done their homework, they were pressing high up when we had a goalkick, cutting off our outlets. For a while this seemed to frustrate us. However, the team had the confidence and belief to know what they were doing, and this obviously comes from Smith and his teams’ coaching. He deserves a lot of credit for that. 

The thibk during this run, he has managed the squad very well. He has rotated the wingers to keep them fresh. Took McGinn/Grealish off when needed to give them a little break, or avoid cards. He’s rotated Hourihane and Whelan. Plus he hasn’t messed with the defence apart from injury or suspension. 

The swud look so confident, and whoever comes in is fighting for their place. It’s great to see.

Last year I was nervous about us going up because we had no system or baseline to keep us up, Dean has given us that!  We are now ready to go up and stay up, we just need to navigate the play offs with the unexpectedness and uncertainty they bring

• Like 2

Â