Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 23/04/2019 at 11:02, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong yesterday.

Why make a double substitution when we are winning the game and want to run the clock down?

This is tactical Nativity on a new level. 1) it doesn't waste any time c) it disrupts the telepathy of the team with two new consciousness's to connect with instead of one.

The subs should have been staggered. If we had picked up an injury it would have been squeeky botty cheek time.

Also why bring on Andre Powederpuff Green. It would have been better to switch Kodjia to the wing and totally bring on Davis earlier. Both need as many minutes as they can get. we would have been able to lump it long to davis by passing Millwall's double decker midfield. he could of flicked it on to the overlapping Kodjia then bingo!

Smith should of come out and said he got it wrong in the postmatch.

"How to win friends and influence people"

Even if he did, ( and I don't care 'cos we won and created loads of chances)it's not  going down well that quip.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jed Steer at Centre forward, that would throw a curved ball in.😀

saw Adam Rachel play CF for us in a pre season game once ( think it was Wrexham away ?)  ..and he scored  , so i say go for it

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

An injury and suspension to a couple key players before the most important games of the season would do that nicely.

Of course JV - but we don't know this is going to happen do we? We do however know that we are playing with confidence and momentum and of course players also get injuries whilst training 👍🏻

• Like 2

On 23/04/2019 at 15:16, Mazrim said:

Don't forget. A screwdriver is just a tool.

but he could be :

• Plain Cabinet
  • Stubby
  • Ratchet
  • Pump
  • Phillips

They all have different personalities, make  big difference, you know.😀

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

but he could be :

• Plain Cabinet
  • Stubby
  • Ratchet
  • Pump
  • Phillips

They all have different personalities, make  big difference, you know.😀

I would say he is more of a cross head to be honest. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Should play wacky tactics against Leeds, Bruce style players playing out of position etc.

Bielsa has shown when he gets a close look at a team he can quickly identify how to beat them.

Mess up his planning for the playoffs :)

play our striker in defence and our defence in an attacking 4

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 11:02, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong yesterday.

Why make a double substitution when we are winning the game and want to run the clock down?

This is tactical Nativity on a new level. 1) it doesn't waste any time c) it disrupts the telepathy of the team with two new consciousness's to connect with instead of one.

The subs should have been staggered. If we had picked up an injury it would have been squeeky botty cheek time.

Also why bring on Andre Powederpuff Green. It would have been better to switch Kodjia to the wing and totally bring on Davis earlier. Both need as many minutes as they can get. we would have been able to lump it long to davis by passing Millwall's double decker midfield. he could of flicked it on to the overlapping Kodjia then bingo!

Smith should of come out and said he got it wrong in the postmatch.

I bet you’re the king of Football Manager. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to go into a very niche business venture..... Selling long handled shovels.

It should be a success judging by some very deep holes being dug in this thread.....

#timetoadmityouwerewrong

Smith makes this guys 5th best manager in the championship, wonder if that would raise since we've won another 2 straight games from his placing of Smith.

Bruce gets the cabbage mention and ranked midway and most likely all because of his work at Wednesday which doesn't cut it for me.

Edited by Dave-R

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

I love this! Deano :wub::wub:

sounds like he's adhering more to the flat organisation approach than the traditional hierarchical approach. both modern, inclusive and illustrating a lot of trust. think we got ourselves a very fine coach in Deano.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 21:18, Dave-R said:

Well the playoffs are guaranteed, so I'd rest Mcginn and Grealish for a start and Mings. Hopefully Tammy will be fit enough for then as well and his shoulders fine ( apparently he was seen driving a car with his arm in a sling, that's crazy, does he want to make it to the play offs at all).

I'm fully confident in Smith to undo whatever comes at us, we are going to be tough to beat. Smith is for sure the Carol vorderman of football, very smart indeed. He has made some very impressive moves and then some and I suspect he's just found his thirst for achieving the unachievable like making history.

Would you all say that Smith has been our best man at the helm ever? or does Tony Barton still hold that because if europe?? The history books say yes dont they, I have to agree in some way with it as its some achievement alone. I mean we are also the most inform side in the world are we not, it really is tough to pick it all apart i think, I'd say he's one of the best we've ever had in charge of our squad.

If you're 12 years old, yeah.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â