Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Not saying he will try it or would even work, but we these 2 games a free hit and Kodjia and Davis not really convincing in the Tammy role as a goalgetter. Maybe an experiment with a False No.9, I think Hourihane could play that role and is probably a better finisher than both of them

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Tactical nativity? Starring the Baby Dean Smith? 

For some reason this makes me imagine baby Jesus in camos with a sniper rifle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong yesterday.

Why make a double substitution when we are winning the game and want to run the clock down?

This is tactical Nativity on a new level. 1) it doesn't waste any time c) it disrupts the telepathy of the team with two new consciousness's to connect with instead of one.

The subs should have been staggered. If we had picked up an injury it would have been squeeky botty cheek time.

Also why bring on Andre Powederpuff Green. It would have been better to switch Kodjia to the wing and totally bring on Davis earlier. Both need as many minutes as they can get. we would have been able to lump it long to davis by passing Millwall's double decker midfield. he could of flicked it on to the overlapping Kodjia then bingo!

Smith should of come out and said he got it wrong in the postmatch.

WTAF? Are you a nose or something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just an observation but this run has helped highlight how much more traffic these threads receive when things are going badly. 

Over the bad run of 13 matches this thread increased by nearly 300 pages. Across the record breaking 10 wins, it’s increased by about 60 pages.

Now ok, the 13 matches were spread over a longer time (about 30 days), but still the conversation rate slowed right down when things are going well.

Like I say, just an observation, not an exact science. I would imagine it would be the same for every club, regardless of the sport. Just mildly interesting.

Anyway keep up the good work Dean, it’s fantastic. I hope to congratulate you on securing promotion in about 8 pages time.

I agree and it’s an interesting point, although it’s not really surprising though.. It’s not just sport.....the worse the story the bigger the coverage and all that. 

Whether in domestic life or anywhere, there’s usually less to debate when everything is agreeable.

But fear not....we will all very very quickly find stuff to moan about on here..it’s certainly still happening at the games.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think most of us take Screwdriver as a mostly satirical poster at this point, makes it a bit more palletable.

Only explanation.

But i thought satire was supposed to be funny?

• Haha 2

Dean will get things wrong at times.....you heard it here first...as if.

so ******* what......as long as he gets the overall right.

The best managers in world football get things wrong at times.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong yesterday.

Why make a double substitution when we are winning the game and want to run the clock down?

This is tactical Nativity on a new level. 1) it doesn't waste any time c) it disrupts the telepathy of the team with two new consciousness's to connect with instead of one.

The subs should have been staggered. If we had picked up an injury it would have been squeeky botty cheek time.

Also why bring on Andre Powederpuff Green. It would have been better to switch Kodjia to the wing and totally bring on Davis earlier. Both need as many minutes as they can get. we would have been able to lump it long to davis by passing Millwall's double decker midfield. he could of flicked it on to the overlapping Kodjia then bingo!

Smith should of come out and said he got it wrong in the postmatch.

No, he didn’t get it wrong because we won. That we didn’t score more was down to their keeper making some excellent saves. 

It easy to say he got it wrong, and whilst you suggested what he should have done, your ideas can’t be applied and tested. Dean’s were and they got us the three points. 

(And Green did okay - he caused them one or two problems and almost grabbed a goal himself). 

• Haha 1

I'm curious to see how he does against Leeds.

They beat us at Villa Park as we couldn't find a solution to their high pressing and energy. Things might be different having Jack in the side this time around, but we need to do something with their pressing and high intensity, cause we couldn't deal with it last time.

• Like 1

For balance (i.e. reality) his game management yesterday was spot on. Rather than disrupt, the changes gave us renewed impetus at a time we appeared to be flatlining a touch. Green was excellent, hungry and direct. I thought he did enough to win the shirt back and Davis gave them something entirely different to think about. Again only a FM style super keeper performance kept the score down.

He's one hell of a coach. The football we play is truly remarkable at times. Whether we can keep up the pace against better sides remains to be seen, but I'm salivating at the thought of us giving it a go. I hope we don't take our foot off the gas, but I accept that the playoffs are now far more important than anything that happens over the next fortnight so leeway will be granted where needed. 

I've said this before but it's worth repeating - no matter what happens from here on out we will go into next season with a spring in our step, because whilst the names are important no doubt, the system is god here now and I absolutely love it. 

The next 2 games will be tricky for various reasons:

• SJM needs to avoid Yellows
  • We need to keep the momentum and spook the opposition.
  • Some players need a rest, both physically and mentally
  • Opponents will want to end our 10 game run.
  • We need not to lose to avoid any team getting the double over us.
  • We can overtake Albion and dictate the playoff fixture.
  • Tammy need to let his shoulder repair.
  • We will want to make it 11
  • We need to avoid injuries and Leeds may want to create some.

I have no idea what we should prioritise.

Edited by TRO

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

The next 2 games will be tricky for various reasons:

• SJM needs to avoid Yellows
  • We need to keep the momentum and spook the opposition.
  • Some players need a rest, both physically and mentally
  • Opponents will want to end our 10 game run.
  • We need not to lose to avoid any team getting the double over us.
  • We can overtake Albion and dictate the playoff fixture.
  • Tammy need to let his shoulder repair.
  • We will want to make it 11
  • We need to avoid injuries and Leeds may want to create some.

I have no idea what we should prioritise.

If Sheffield United win on Saturday i can see Leeds making a fair few changes too. It is more than likely going to be a pretty meaningless game for both teams and if it plays out a boring pre-season style game with no injuries/bookings then i am sure nobody would really care.

So on that note it will probably end up 4-3 and 9 a side

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

In tribute to Dean Smith I am going to bring back my 2006 glory days for the play offs. The combed gelled hair straight forward and the spiked quiff at the front. 2 at the back, love, trimmed on top.
It's coming home.

tintin.png

• Like 1

Â