Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I liked Wally to be fair - seem to recall he was one of the first to execute the step over on a routinely basis.

I've yet to see a more naturally skilled player in a Villa shirt. The season we won promotion under Taylor he was absolutely immense.

And when he played for England schoolboys. He was head and shoulders above everyone.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Morley, Sid, Yorke, Platt, Young, Grealish...

If comparing to Walters I would say Walters at early age far above Young and Grealish and comparable to Yorke.

Sid easily the most skilful and for his position Shaw was far above the level.  But I do remember Shaw scoring a hattrick in 82-83 European Cup campaign and then being replaced by Walters who also promptly scored.

A couple of fantatstic goals in the UEFA Cup from Walters as well.

Morley was senior player (Age Wise) when he arrived at Villa.

Walters never kicked on to next level after Rangers.  That Liverpool move seemed to ruin him but before that he was as good as anything out there including Barnes.

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

The Club don't put them out. Leeds do.

Still haven't got over that weird non-defence he put out that was weirdly celebrated by Leeds fans and the media. Showed some research. Why do you spy then? Was never answered.

They went on a honking run after that as well, maybe not used to having to prepare for a match without spying on opposition.

22 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Making history. 109 years since we won 9 on the trot.

109 years!

Achieved by an actual Villa fan. It's going to go down in history.

Dean's name is going to go down in history alongside it. It's beautiful.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. How great must he feel, as a lifelong Villa fan, to be where he is today? 

He is well proud and I felt he was proud of the fans, particularly in their respect for Bolton.

...stuff like that comes back in the way of Karma.

• Like 4

Â