Dean Smith

Demitri_C

He cannot be immune to criticism. We are in total disarray in defence and it doesn't matter what Bruce did or didn't do anymore, it is down to Smith to fix it. I want nothing more than for him to get it right so bodies need to come in quickly.

• Like 3

People often say Jedinak isn't a Dean Smith type player and wouldn't fit in. Dean Smith teams concede 60+ goals a season. 

Maybe Smith needs to think about a Jedinak type player. 

I think he is exactly what we need in front of the back 4.

Just saying......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

People often say Jedinak isn't a Dean Smith type player and wouldn't fit in. Dean Smith teams concede 60+ goals a season. 

Maybe Smith needs to think about a Jedinak type player. 

I think he is exactly what we need in front of the back 4.

Just saying......

What we need is Leroy Fer ran the show today!

• Like 1

Our squad is absolutely horrendous when you consider how much we've spent over the past 3 years. I think that's the most embarassing thing. Smith shoulders no blame for that. It's going to take a long time to sort it out and we're going to be stuck in this division for a long time whilst trying to do so. 

• Like 3

What worries me is this. For his teams to be on it and effective they need to be of good individual ability. Good eye, passing, play at pace. When this doesn't work we look poor and are shipping way too many. It's like he keeps playing the only way he knows how despite it not working - with these players. Gotta be able to adapt.

• Like 1

I don't think we have gone backwards under Smith. Our record in the league has been better than under Bruce this season. He needs to be given the time Bruce was afforded. He was handed this lop-sided squad. That's not his fault. lests see what he does in the transfer window

• Thanks 1

Just back from VP and it is becoming like groundhog day.  We are allowing teams way too much space in wide areas and simply not closing teams down allowing them to stroll into our box.

The way we allow teams so much space out wide is to do with the way we set up tactically and not personnel. I could put it down to personnel if it was one or maybe even two players doing it but it doesn't matter if it is Elmo, Bree, Hutton, Taylor at fullback they play really narrow. You may be able to do this if we are asking our wide midfielder/forward to get back but we aren't. 

Week in week out now teams are targeting our wide areas and we could bring in two new full backs and it wouldn't stop us being so open. The manager has to change tactics in this regard and tighten us up as we aren't going to be able to score 2,3,4,5,6 goals just to be able to win a game.

I love Smiths attacking intent and it was initially like a breath of fresh air but there has to be some balance and you have to also try to stop the opposition and not allow them carte blanche to attack you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don't think we have gone backwards under Smith. Our record in the league has been better than under Bruce this season. He needs to be given the time Bruce was afforded. He was handed this lop-sided squad. That's not his fault. lests see what he does in the transfer window

Could be wrong, but I think the argument is that we’ve gone backwards since late November/early December. Which is a fair assessment. It looked like we were building something and it’s stuttered/ground to a halt/gone backwards, depending on your view point.

• Like 2

It's DS who makes the decision to play Hutton at cb, keeps playing Whelan who offers nothing.

He needs to be criticized for that. Anyone with a haf decent football brain can see those 2 players are way off the pace at this level, it's shocking to keep playing them.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Could be wrong, but I think the argument is that we’ve gone backwards since late November/early December. Which is a fair assessment. It looked like we were building something and it’s stuttered/ground to a halt/gone backwards, depending on your view point.

I think there is a lack of a Plan B at the moment, which to be fair is difficult to have when your squad options are the likes of Hutton at centre half and Whelan in midfield.  The problem is after a while the negativity starts building a momentum, I've seen it so often over the last decade and it's really hard to get going the other way again.  We need more signings again, I'm sick of saying that.  How we have no squad depth considering the money we've spent is infuriating.

Â