Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Derby??? Middlesborough???

**** me 2 games, where we got it right....do me a favour, we are Aston Villa not Brentford.

I am sorry guys if I have lost my cool...and I apologise in advance for that.

I am not blaming Dean Smith.

but I am ****ing livid with the team for how they are conceding......and I emphasise the word How.

I understand the implications, injuries and such....but its like everything is anything but " Prepared"

We have a big unit in goal now....how bloody long as that taken for gods sake....it has been so obvious for so long for me.

I am not happy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He wasn’t even struggling at that time. I think it was the third game of the season and we were 2-0 up. You could show that clip to somebody that has never heard of Sherwood or Villa and they would find it funny. 

Not sure why it’s bothering you so much.

edit: just showed it to the missus who knows nothing about football and she found it amusing. 

did you show her the Pepe and Jurgen ones too?....and softened her up with the bias.

look tell her that they are the best managers around and it seems feasible...get my drift.

just cheap.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

did you show the Pepe and Jurgen ones too?

I honestly searched for them Tro and can’t find anything online apart from one I posted which was lame.

Anyway keeping on topic. People will soon turn on Smith if results don’t turn. I have no doubt about that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

**** me 2 games, where we got it right....do me a favour, we are Aston Villa not Brentford.

Tro, not being argumentative for the sake of it but I genuinely lost count of the amount of times you and others referenced that bloody wolves game. Pointing to it time and time again like that proved he could do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Tro, not being argumentative for the sake of it but I genuinely lost count of the amount of times you and others referenced that bloody wolves game. Pointing to it time and time again like that proved he could do it.

maybe so, just goes to show how wrong i can be.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly searched for them Tro and can’t find anything online. 

well one of Pepe has already been posted on here.

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So let me get this straight. 3 players deemed not good by our last defensive minded manager are better than those that Bruce had in his defence. So it must be the tactics that’s the problem? 

Ok fair enough. 

?????

Youre jumping in again.

I was just pointing out that in our last game over 50% of the defenders couldnt really be classed as Bruce defenders.

The quality or otherwise I didnt mention. Just different players conceeding the goals.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Have you been watching the games....we stood off while they ploughed a furrough....the first 2 was shocking.

and it could easily have been the same against the blues.

we are conceding silly goals in such a shockingly passive fashion, its totally unacceptable.

sure we have injuries....but players can get there foot in or make an effort to put a player off their stride, if they can't then they should be miles away from our team.

The seemingly acceptance of our conceding is frightening.

It all comes down to attitude and a desire to win. The top clubs have it and install it in their youngsters: Terry has it and you can see it in Tammy’s desire, but it is missing from every other player we have. 

As a Club, we are still rebuilding and next step has to be for us to have that winning attitude. We can have all the technical ability in the world, but we absolutely need that competitive spirit and desire to win. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

?????

Youre jumping in again.

I was just pointing out that in our last game over 50% of the defenders couldnt really be classed as Bruce defenders.

The quality or otherwise I didnt mention. Just different players conceeding the goals.

Ok. I see them as our last choice defenders personally and not good enough.  For Bruce or Smith.

Just now, Pimlico_Villa said:

It all comes down to attitude and a desire to win. The top clubs have it and install it in their youngsters: Terry has it and you can see it in Tammy’s desire, but it is missing from every other player we have. 

As a Club, we are still rebuilding and next step has to be for us to have that winning attitude. We can have all the technical ability in the world, but we absolutely need that competitive spirit and desire to win. 

I really dont think attitude is the problem. I think the players are knackered. The players ran through walls v Forest ...a lot of them flopped to the ground at the whistle.

It was fanstatic to watch. you would rarley see that in the prem ...The top teams go 2 up and then play the game out to save energy and reduce injuries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I think Mcginn and Grealish have it to be fair. But it seems more apparent when you have the ability to back it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok. I see them as our last choice defenders personally and not good enough.  For Bruce or Smith.

all about opinions ...I would choose Bree over Elhomady and Elphick over Bree filling in as CB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

TRO we are passionate about AVFC and all have our thoughts and opinions that we very often defend to the hilt...no problems here mate :)

I apologise in advance.....just absolutely fuming with our defensive offerings in the last 6 games or so....not just at the back, midfield everywhere.

I am seriously not happy.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I apologise in advance.....just absolutely fuming with our defensive offerings in the last 6 games or so....not just at the back, midfield everywhere.

I am seriously not happy.

I am sure he will sort it with his own players 😁

1 minute ago, hippo said:

all about opinions ...I would choose Bree over Elhomady and Elphick over Bree filling in as CB.

So would I but I don’t rate any of them that highly. Plus I think a defence needs time to settle. It doesn’t help to have to chop and change every week. Once Taylor is back I would go Hutton, Elphick, Chester Taylor. Along with new keeper the might be to able to build an understanding.

lets see where we are by the end of Jan before we get to critical of Smiths system. 

Â