Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I know nothing of any arguments with the manager  - I was there today but on the other side of the pitch. Was there a row?

Smith has laid into the players a bit in his post match interview and there's an element of truth in it - but it's him that got it wrong today - playing a midfield two that included one tired player and one old player meant we gave them the middle of the park - playing a striker that couldn't hold the ball up compounded that error - we were beaten tactically today in my opinion, not on effort, on tactics.

Smith got today all wrong. There's a lot of work to do on the training ground this week. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know nothing of any arguments with the manager  - I was there today but on the other side of the pitch. Was there a row?

Smith has laid into the players a bit in his post match interview and there's an element of truth in it - but it's him that got it wrong today - playing a midfield two that included one tired player and one old player meant we gave them the middle of the park - playing a striker that couldn't hold the ball up compounded that error - we were beaten tactically today in my opinion, not on effort, on tactics.

Smith got today all wrong. There's a lot of work to do on the training ground this week. 

Apparently, after the second goal they looked to be having words. Not sure there is anything in it, but didn’t like the sound of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pimlico_Villa said:

Apparently, after the second goal they looked to be having words. Not sure there is anything in it, but didn’t like the sound of it. 

Where did you hear this PV ?

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If he thinks we were in the game at 2-0 I am worried for him. Too many players doing sod all and going through the motions as usual. Get rid of them Dean ffs, they will end you.

Where did he say we were in the game, he said the opposite of that.

He said at 2 - 0 he took off Callum O Hare because at 2 - 0 down he felt the atmosphere would change if we didn't do something to try and win the game.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He said at 2 - 0 he took off Callum O Hare because at 2 - 0 down he felt the atmosphere would change if we didn't do something to try and win the game.

Yes Smith said that he felt we were still in the game at 0-2 but also he took O'Hare off to protect him.

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Smith isn't tactically acute. He never has been, it's a lot more enjoyable  than watching a Bruce team. Oddly enough somewhere in between the two would be ideal. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In his post match, he said he thought we were in it at 2-0 and could still win it. We could be playing and still not have got one back.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Even with them out we still have one of the highest payed squads in the league. The players aren't playing anywhere near the level of their price tags

That won't be a problem for long. This is the last year of bell end wages 

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, about 1:17 in that interview he does say “we were in it” when the score was 2-0.

He may have meant we looked better which I think some could argue, but the way he says it suggest the game was still up for grabs which I think most would disagree.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Smith isn't tactically acute. He never has been, it's a lot more enjoyable  than watching a Bruce team. Oddly enough somewhere in between the two would be ideal. 

Is this a joke? Somewhere in between Smith and Bruce is a shit version of Smith.

And he definitely is tactically astute. This is Bruce's team, playing like garbage for a manager who knows and deserves better.

On 04/01/2019 at 16:32, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s this from one of the best managers in the world.

4f26301edda07a26b722c1eec5da556f_w200.gi

Then there’s this from Tim Sherwood

MarvelousNewJabiru.gif

Oh the difference is clear.....clear as treacle.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Even with them out we still have one of the highest payed squads in the league. The players aren't playing anywhere near the level of their price tags

That won't be a problem for long. This is the last year of bell end wages 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

You drunk? We finished this conversation yesterday. 

Sherwoods a shit manager so looks an idiot when waves his arms around like he knows what he is doing.

Klopp and Pep are 2 of the best managers in the world so can wave their arms around how they like. 

Get over it. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I'm baffled as to why you'd bring this up again. So there's an acknowledged world class football manager in the first picture attempting to get some sort of message over to his team and an acknowledged clown at the bottom waving his arms around in a gesture he loses faith in half way through - what does any of it have to do with Dean Smith?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Is this a joke? Somewhere in between Smith and Bruce is a shit version of Smith.

And he definitely is tactically astute. This is Bruce's team, playing like garbage for a manager who knows and deserves better.

No. Speak to any Brentford or Walsall fan and they will tell you exactly how it is. If you want to finish in between 6th and 12th with a huge goals for and goals against column this is what you will get.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Smith but today he made a number of mistakes imo.

Hutton at CB. Alan almost has to many flaws to list, but his biggest flaw is that he has absolutely no positional awareness, not ideal in a CB. The fact that Bree has done ok at CB in previous games makes the selection all the more difficult to understand. 

Callum O'hare. If you are going to start the kid give him a chance by playing him behind a striker that can actually hold up the ball. He didn't look great today but I think the system and personnel did him no favours at all. 

2 up top. I think the decision to go with 2 strikers in the second half was probably the correct one, but not to sure about he got there. Hogan was atrocious, the first change I would have liked to have seen is Davis on for Hogan who imo would have suited the system better with O'hare behind. 

Once the decision was made to go with a 2 which includes Hogan, again it should have been Davis who can hold up the ball and would potentially be a good foil for Hogan. The decision to instead go with Hogan and Kodjia was daft. 2 brain dead selfish players that will never work in a 2. 

Midfield. No energy at all. Whelan is shot to peices and I'm still confused as to why McGinn wasn't instructed to pick up a booking against QPR. The poor sod looks knackered, he can't continue to be sole pair of bollocks in the middle of the park. He shouldn't have played today, Lansbury or JDH should have been in from the start. 

Â