Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I'm amazed people still hold Purslow in such high esteem as to desperately want him to stay.

We've spent so much money and not fallen foul of FFP, look at our rivals and detractors with all this nonsense about us failing and them coming for us and if this happens we're in trouble blah blah blah 

The man knows it like the back of his hand, he's in complete control of it all 

I could understand Newcastle wanting him for that reason 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm amazed people still hold Purslow in such high esteem as to desperately want him to stay.

Taking into account how bent the game is towards those luxuriating at the top of the pyramid, I'd say he and his team have possibly overachieved. Had everything have gone perfect (impossible), we might now be challenging the scum6. I'd say everyone in the team from top to bottom deserves a little more breathing space. I'm desperate for us to succeed but look what we are up against 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:
  • Sacked bruce, appointed deano
  • As the head of the recruitment team and chief negotiator, assembled a squad capable of a) getting promoted, b) staying up, c) achieving mid table league status. All whilst remaining compliant with FFP
  • Negotiated huge buy out clause for our best player, yet still tried to grab more money out of city in spite of that
  • Delivered a video message upon Grealish's departure with unprecedented transparency that received universal praise from the football world
  • Spoke well regarding the scum 6 superleague, calling it 'grotesque' on national radio. Again, universally praised for how he came across
  • He's not just CEO, he's actually got financial investment within the club. He's more than just an employee

Might not seem exceptional...do we need a CEO to be 'exceptional' anyway? we just need them to do a half decent job...considering what utter bellends we've had in recent years, i'd be gutted if Purslow left

We probably need a very talented corrupt one to get where we want to go.

Christian Purslow quietly gets on with his job in the background, using his years of experience and his encyclopaedic knowledge of the rules and regulations.

He's a consummate professional who is well respected by his peers. The added incentive of having a small stake in owning the club may well make him even more focussed and proactive in protecting Villa's best interests.

In my opinion he is very important to AVFC.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:
  • Sacked bruce, appointed deano
  • As the head of the recruitment team and chief negotiator, assembled a squad capable of a) getting promoted, b) staying up, c) achieving mid table league status. All whilst remaining compliant with FFP
  • Negotiated huge buy out clause for our best player, yet still tried to grab more money out of city in spite of that
  • Delivered a video message upon Grealish's departure with unprecedented transparency that received universal praise from the football world
  • Spoke well regarding the scum 6 superleague, calling it 'grotesque' on national radio. Again, universally praised for how he came across
  • He's not just CEO, he's actually got financial investment within the club. He's more than just an employee

Might not seem exceptional...do we need a CEO to be 'exceptional' anyway? we just need them to do a half decent job...considering what utter bellends we've had in recent years, i'd be gutted if Purslow left

The praise for his Grealish video remains entirely OTT as far as I'm concerned.

I'm really surprised that people aren't more annoyed about the grasping attempts to justify the additions of Ings, Buendia and Bailey as adequate replacements for Jack Grealish.

As far as the rest of what he's done - these are the minimum criteria for a responsible CEO in my opinion.

Edited by est1874

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm really surprised that people aren't more annoyed about the grasping attempts to justify the additions of Ings, Buendia and Bailey as adequate replacements for Jack Grealish.

As far as the rest of what he's done - these are the minimum criteria for a responsible CEO in my opinion.

but this minimum criteria has either not been done or been done poorly by his predecessors

did he ever say the word 'adequate'? i thought he made reference to jack being an elite player that couldn't be replaced...

but sounds like you dont especially rate him, which is fine. FWIW i don't think he's going anywhere anyway

33 minutes ago, est1874 said:

In reality I don't think we fully understand what he does day to day but the health of our club is night nad day compared to anything we've seen in the last decade

A few bad results and everyone gets the same treatment

A few things Purslow has done that haven't been mentioned

- Successfully and in a compliant way sold Villa Park to an NSWE holding company

- Agreed with and persuaded NSWE to invest the funds they have done since acquisition, NSWE would have had to be sold on the plan and strategy

- Managed the dilution of Xia's shares to the extent that he is no longer a shareholder

- Managed the reorganisation of the company structure and ownership (which has been extensive)

- Completely changed the senior management team

- Increased non footballing commercial revenue

• Like 2

We lost our last 3 games so he can **** off.

In all seriousness there probably are people who think like that.  It would be a huge loss if he did go.  I don't think he is the kind of bloke who wants to chase the Saudi money and I'm sure he is working with other CEOs to fight them.

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Because I don't see what he's done that's so exceptional.

Just compare to any of our ceo's/ general head honchos since Steve Stride left and its no contest. The guy knows his onions and I would want him to stay for a while longer yet as there is still so much more to do both on and off the pitch.

Â