Christian Purslow

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s only worrying if we don’t get a better replacement. I’d say he’s done ok to date, but no way is he irreplaceable. Not under NSWE anyway. However it would be a big disruption. Sometimes that’s a positive sometimes a negative. As I say it depends who follows. 

Much would depend on why ?

Imo if your coaching staff and CEO quit without good reason - it's probable they can see a shit storm coming.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Hasn’t he also got a percentage ownership, he isn’t going imo

Exactly. It's not just a salaried position. If a part owner wants out - at the very least he doesn't see a golden future anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Exactly. It's not just a salaried position. If a part owner wants out - at the very least he doesn't see a golden future anytime soon.

Yeah I think it’s BS, it’s just a rumour trying to throw fire in a situation when we are hurting just like the rumour Ollie wants to go to Spurs.  Tomorrow it’ll be Martinez wants to go to xxx club and then a story Ings regrets coming to Villa.  It’s all BS and trolls trying to add fire when we are down by creating fake stories that get some fans nervous.

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

If this man is going anywhere we - and a chauffeur - would be the last to know. So let’s engage our critical faculties and cut the crap. 

This might well be BS.

But as a chauffeur to CP - I would think it not unfeasible that such a position get you to hear stuff.

.........but does CP even have a chauffeur ?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

This might well be BS.

But as a chauffeur to CP - I would think it not unfeasible that such a position get you to hear stuff.

.........but does CP even have a chauffeur ?

Its possible he has a chauffeur although no idea but 1) if it’s his personal chauffeur he’s likely to be loyal to Purslow as they generally are, 2) he’s actually got to hear that and I doubt Purslow would be that open about something like that, and 3) this rumour wasn’t from the chauffeur, it was bloke who spoke to his apparent chauffeur and then to another bloke.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Its possible he has a chauffeur although no idea but 1) if it’s his personal chauffeur he’s likely to be loyal to Purslow as they generally are, 2) he’s actually got to hear that and I doubt Purslow would be that open about something like that, and 3) this rumour wasn’t from the chauffeur, it was bloke who spoke to his apparent chauffeur and then to another bloke.

....well you don't get more ITK than that !

PANIC ON ! PANIC ON !

Not all bad though ! I ve heard a Chinese bloke wants to buy us and build a theme park in Aston !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Really hope not. If true imo it would be priming us for a sale.

Yeah but what if we are being primed for sale to a consortium fronted by Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, with a view to building the first Aston Mars FC!

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I would say it’s highly unlikely that he will leave. I really hope not as well. He is a class act. I have never known our club to be so well run. He is calm, authoritative and decisive. 

Yep compared to likes of Tom Fox he's been excellent. Faulkner tried his best but was overpromoted.

Rumours were he stopped DS getting sacked at two points during 19/20 so that would be another big blow to the manager.

Next season's going to be very interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I would say it’s highly unlikely that he will leave. I really hope not as well. He is a class act. I have never known our club to be so well run. He is calm, authoritative and decisive. 

I doubt he will be calm if we lose to Southampton and Brighton in the coming weeks😲

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

CEO’s come and go. I trust the owners to replace him adequately.

Fair enough. I’ve really grown to like him if I’m honest, I think he has done a good job in his time here.

• Like 1

Â