Christian Purslow

villan-scott

So good having Purslow.

He's got a really high profile media presence as well so his smooth, professional conduct reflects well on us.  I mean outside the top 3 or 4 could any other fan name another teams Chief Exec?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if he will come out with a statement over the Argentina farce as it’s had a severe negative impact on us given FIFAs decision regarding the Brazilian players who didn’t travel. Someone has screwed up massively on this with v.poor judgement.

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if he will come out with a statement over the Argentina farce as it’s had a severe negative impact on us given FIFAs decision regarding the Brazilian players who didn’t travel. Someone has screwed up massively on this with v.poor judgement.

Don't think they'll be a statement.

There's been no screwup from Villa's side at all.

We asked them not to go, they said we're going anyway. What can we do, chain them up?

Other clubs asked their players not to go and they didn't go.

If they had took our advice and not gone they probably would have watched on at the BRA v ARG farce and people stopping Tottenham players thought 'Ah yeah, Villa were probably right'

We aren't even out of the woods yet. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the five training out in Croatia tests positive just to really put the nail in the coffin of the shitshow.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Fifa backed down

They didn’t. The Brazilian and the other 2 SA FAs backed down. I’m assuming in part because Brazil want to keep FIFA sweet, given their game abandonment is under investigation by FIFA. I mean the players they called up couldn’t even have played in Brazil, due to the Brazil 10 day quarantine rule for people travelling from the UK. The whole thing has been an utter farce.

• Like 4

On 06/08/2021 at 14:52, sidcow said:

So good having Purslow.

He's got a really high profile media presence as well so his smooth, professional conduct reflects well on us.  I mean outside the top 3 or 4 could any other fan name another teams Chief Exec?

Daniel Levy

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Caught a glimpse of him on BBC news tonight 

Yeah, said we MIGHT be interested in taking part in the now going ahead trial for standing in grounds. 

However it was very cagey.  I can't see them installing rail seats between now and January so expect those clubs which have already done this to be the test cases. 

Can rail seats increase capacity at all? 

I'm hoping if they do this it's kept to the lower North.  These old legs don't want to stand for whole games anymore.  I've sat in the Lower Holte since it was built, same seat and I don't want to move now. 

I've done my time on the proper Holte so not really interested in a sterile version of it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, said we MIGHT be interested in taking part in the now going ahead trial for standing in grounds. 

However it was very cagey.  I can't see them installing rail seats between now and January so expect those clubs which have already done this to be the test cases. 

I'm hoping if they do this it's kept to the lower North.  These old legs don't want to stand for whole games anymore.  I've sat in the Lower Holte since it was built, same seat and I don't want to move now. 

I've done my time on the proper Holte so not really interested in a sterile version of it. 

Yes, I was only half watching to be honest , he seem a bit caught off guard when asked didn’t he? I have no idea if it raises capacity if it doesn’t I can’t see the benefit to it

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Dortmund get 15000 less for Champions League games when standing is not allowed

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumour surfaced in the Smith thread - that Purslow is leaving us in the summer.

Worrying if true.

It’s only worrying if we don’t get a better replacement. I’d say he’s done ok to date, but no way is he irreplaceable. Not under NSWE anyway. However it would be a big disruption. Sometimes that’s a positive sometimes a negative. As I say it depends who follows. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumour surfaced in the Smith thread - that Purslow is leaving us in the summer.

Worrying if true.

Yeah I’m not having that,  a bloke who knows a bloke who knows Purslow’s chauffeur and who Purslow has told the Chauffeur he’s leaving next summer.  Does that sound plausible? Not to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I’m not having that,  a bloke who knows a bloke who knows Purslow’s chauffeur and who Purslow has told the Chauffeur he’s leaving next summer.  Does that sound plausible? Not to me.

Really hope not. If true imo it would be priming us for a sale.

Â