Christian Purslow

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He speak very well.

Was obvious what he was gonna talk about.

Thing that surprised me is that Grealish demanded them not standing in his way if a CL club came in for him when signing his new deal last summer.

Why would it surprise you? That was the whole undertone and main thrust of his address. Fairy Boots has said the same on numerous occasions this week. Grealish, his family and his agent have been planning and angling for this move for months if not years. Sure, he's a fan and it would have been difficult to leave after all the years he's been associated with the club, but money, fame and a shortcut are what Jack has dreamed about. Doing it with us wasn't ever really in his thinking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Nah not quite that strong and I haven't called Jack a snake if that's what you mean!

I just find it hard to fully buy into anything he says. I work in business and have dealings with our Executive and Christian has that same, slightly laboured, calculated way of speaking where he really wants you to trust what he's saying, but doesn't fully look like he believes it himself.

Lol just messing with you. I was actually thinking wolf in sheeps clothing. But I honestly expect that from a CEO. The idea of CEO in my head is essentially what we saw from Puslow today. There's a lot going on behind his eyes and he's being very careful with how he talks. Every word matters kinda thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Why would it surprise you? That was the whole undertone and main thrust of his address. Fairy Boots has said the same on numerous occasions this week. Grealish, his family and his agent have been planning and angling for this move for months if not years. Sure, he's a fan and it would have been difficult to leave after all the years he's been associated with the club, but money, fame and a shortcut are what Jack has dreamed about. Doing it with us wasn't ever really in his thinking.

I may be naive but I fell into that boyhood club non sense.

Thought it would be different with Jack. Thought he would be the exception not the rule.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I may be naive but I fell into that boyhood club non sense.

Thought it would be different with Jack. Thought he would be the exception not the rule.

You aren't alone in that.

He's history.

Now we can play the game seriously, the way the big boys do.

I'll thank him for that.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The bad news is it sounds a lot like our business is done, and all business done was just to replace Grealish, I hoped we had one or two more coming in.

Well he's not going to say we got 100 mil to burn is he? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Does anyone actually think that had Man City not come in we would have not spent a penny this summer?

I don’t, I very much doubt we are done in the market but we need to get the message out that we don’t have a hundred million burning a hole in our pocket and for the clubs we approach to not take the piss with their valuations.

Could be, what concerns me about he said was that we have already replaced Grealish with the three players we have bought. No mention of any other possible additions. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Could be, what concerns me about he said was that we have already replaced Grealish with the three players we have bought. No mention of any other possible additions. 

Why does that concern you? When has this regime ever talked about signings before they have happened?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Because he was only talking about the the players they had got in order to cover the qualities lost from Grealishs departure

They are still likely to be looking to strengthen in other areas of the pitch with the original budget they would have set aside as currently the net spend this close season is less than 0

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol just messing with you. I was actually thinking wolf in sheeps clothing. But I honestly expect that from a CEO. The idea of CEO in my head is essentially what we saw from Puslow today. There's a lot going on behind his eyes and he's being very careful with how he talks. Every word matters kinda thing.

Spot on. Worded it better than I did. 

I'm still a little raw. 😬 And not in an Ooh Matron type way 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's not going to say "we've now got £100m to spend - yay!". 

Just being cagey. I think its fairly common knowledge we've enquired/bid for ESR and JWP this summer - none of those two match the type of player we have bought in Bailey and Ings. I'm leaving Buendia out as we signed him a while back (in relative terms)

I think it'll be JWP (eventually - maybe late in the window) and Cantwell (as the ESR alternative)

Plus a backup CB as well. 

Â