Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I think you'll find that that was a very well orchestrated rendition to make clubs feel like we've already spent our budget and make sure we don't overpay...

This...  Our owners have made it clear by their actions so far that they intend to take us back to the top and haven't done ANYTHING to cause us to doubt that.  We've spend what we've been allowed to by FFP rules and regulations every single season so far under their stewardship and even sold Villa Park to one of their shell corps to try to balance the books even more in our favor.  Jack fooked off to Manchester because Southgate told him he needed to play in the Champions League in order to have a chance at starting in the World Cup next year.  We still need a goalkeeper for the future and a central defender for cover.  Another midfielder would be nice too, but I'm not going to get greedy.  On paper, we've strengthened very well as a team so far this summer and I anticipate us to struggle a bit early season while all these new guys figure out how to play with each other/get used to the Premier League, but we'll hopefully be firing on all cylinders by January.  UTV!

Hopefully with this statement of our spending it means we won’t get our pants pulled down for the likes of cantwell / JWP , we can play the long game with these ,very proud of our club UTV

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

How does that work, will we bid for a player incognito?

I think I was just trying to say that he would want people to think that the majority our of budget has already gone and we wouldnt have oceans of cash **** lying around. 

I have had 6 beers though to be fair...

The statement was of course cagey in respect to any other business. I think we will get a couple more in, even if on loan, to bolster the squad.

Edited by Strog

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

A (neutral) friend of mine who follows Villa dealings with a keen interest for the chats etc has always felt Christian is a bit too polished to be fully trusted or liked.

I'm starting to see what he means.

That's what top of the pile business people are.  Absolutely ruthless but coming across as personable and friendly. They make you feel good about everything whilst they're taking you to the cleaners. 

In short exactly the type of person you want running our club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We tried letting the chuckle brothers run the club and it was fun with loads of emojis, but we almost went bust. I prefer likeable nasty bastards now.

FTFY 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Haven't you heard, Messi has already been spotted boarding the Megabus to Aston! It's happening :D

Well, Ross Barkley was seen with a frappuccino in Solihull today so anything is possible! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Contrary to whatever nonsense you might believe, a CEO is not paid to be polished (which in this context is to do with communication), he or she is paid to be good at their job and drive efficiencies in the business, managing a team of executives who each have oversight over different areas of the business.

It's not actually the CEO's job to communicate with the customers, who in footballing terms are the fans, which is why I find it jarring. And because he's got a business demeanor in his dealings with us, rather than the traditional face of a company who would generally have a more informal and less rehearsed style, it grates on me a bit.

That's all. No need for Bermuda shorts and a bottle of Bud. Thanks.

Our CEO will communicate all the time to customers. He wi be wheeled out to big events or meet individual customers for a bit of TLC, look how important you are Mr Customer you've got an audience with the CEO. 

He'll also present to investors and us people who do the actual work.  A smooth talking CEO who is a superb communicator is essential.  

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Our CEO will communicate all the time to customers. He wi be wheeled out to big events or meet individual customers for a bit of TLC, look how important you are Mr Customer you've got an audience with the CEO. 

He'll also present to investors and us people who do the actual work.  A smooth talking CEO who is a superb communicator is essential.  

We have the same. But that's why I don't trust Purslow 😅

Level-headed, mature and illuminating take provided by the CEO in his video message. We are genuinely really lucky to have people like him at the top of the club, it genuinely is a huge U-turn from just a few years ago. I do think we will be trying to make a couple of signings yet. Understandably the big boss didn't want to say anything in case we don't pull them off. They will come out of nowhere like the Ings thing.

Edited by Villatillidie95
  • Like 1

Â