Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Comes across as some harsh words may have been said in meetings with Purslow and Jack's team, I sense a fall out. He is obviously extremely annoyed this has gone through. Thought it was a bit naive though to think 100m buy out clause would have been protection after contract was signed. Should really make buy out clauses insane amounts of money, maybe £160m if you really want to keep your prized possession. think Messi's was a billion.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thought it was a bit naive though to think 100m buy out clause would have been protection after contract was signed.

British transfer record to be fair.

Most people still a bit surprised City actually went all balls in and did it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Comes across as some harsh words may have been said in meetings with Purslow and Jack's team, I sense a fall out. He is obviously extremely annoyed this has gone through. Thought it was a bit naive though to think 100m buy out clause would have been protection after contract was signed. Should really make buy out clauses insane amounts of money, maybe £160m if you really want to keep your prized possession. think Messi's was a billion.

It takes two parties to sign these clauses. Jack’s advisors aren’t idiots. They’d have been demanding a lower one. The club probably had to argue hard to get it to £100m - else he wouldn’t have signed it at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I m pretty sure Jack and his agent would have had an input into the release clause.

If purslow had a free hand I'm sure he would have set it at £500m+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Do you think the fee is fair for his talent? 

Personally, I think Purslow and the management team did all they could for the good of the club. They had to negotiate a deal last summer to keep him, at a time when we narrowly escaped relegation. Grealish and his agent would have to agree the release clause so I doubt they'd have gone any higher. That is probably the best we could get to in that deal. 

Ultimately, the player has had his head turned. If he seriously thought we'd go from relegation candidates to Champions League in one season he must be Dumber than originally thought. He got a wage increase out of us for last season. A season where is stock rose but he missed a fair chunk. Was he as injured as we were made to believe or did he have sights already set further afield? Did his head get turned during the days with the players from both camps whose teams were in the Champions League final? Probably! 

I'm so impressed by Christian Purslow and the management team for how this has been handled. They've been utterly professional about it. We are so well run now and as much as Grealish leaving is a kick in the teeth, the manner in which the club has handled it will have impressed many more players than we have lost. 

I still believe in the plan but, my concern is how long will the owners believe in it? Are they in it for the long haul? It's going to be very hard to break the "big 6" cartel monopoly of our game that, if yesterday's actions are anything to go by, also includes people at the top of the English game and the national set-up. 

Maybe the European Super League and those elite few leaving is the answer to all genuine English football fans getting their game back? 

I agree they have seemingly handled this as well as they possibly could, with the knowledge we know have that there was a clause all along. I wanted a one liner on the OS confirming he had gone, but I think this video from Christian was excellently delivered and very considered in its message.

This isn't the first time we've sold our star player or our captain (and probably won't be the last), but it is the first time we've done so in recent memory where I feel we will be stronger as a result. We knew which way the wind was blowing with Barry and Delph and I know its easy to say now that he has gone, but if we can bring the overall quality of the team/squad up and not be as reliant on one person then we will see results improve. Buendia/Bailey/Ings unquestionably puts us in a stronger position than last season in that regard.

7 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

It takes two parties to sign these clauses. Jack’s advisors aren’t idiots. They’d have been demanding a lower one. The club probably had to argue hard to get it to £100m - else he wouldn’t have signed it at all.

The club did what they could in the circumstances I have to believe, Jack’s team would have tried to negotiate it down I’m sure. They had to compromise and you can tell they knew he was off for a long time by the statement, there was long-term planning to ensure the money was invested properly and the right targets identified. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Do you think the fee is fair for his talent? 

Personally, I think Purslow and the management team did all they could for the good of the club. They had to negotiate a deal last summer to keep him, at a time when we narrowly escaped relegation. Grealish and his agent would have to agree the release clause so I doubt they'd have gone any higher. That is probably the best we could get to in that deal. 

Ultimately, the player has had his head turned. If he seriously thought we'd go from relegation candidates to Champions League in one season he must be Dumber than originally thought. He got a wage increase out of us for last season. A season where is stock rose but he missed a fair chunk. Was he as injured as we were made to believe or did he have sights already set further afield? Did his head get turned during the days with the players from both camps whose teams were in the Champions League final? Probably! 

I'm so impressed by Christian Purslow and the management team for how this has been handled. They've been utterly professional about it. We are so well run now and as much as Grealish leaving is a kick in the teeth, the manner in which the club has handled it will have impressed many more players than we have lost. 

I still believe in the plan but, my concern is how long will the owners believe in it? Are they in it for the long haul? It's going to be very hard to break the "big 6" cartel monopoly of our game that, if yesterday's actions are anything to go by, also includes people at the top of the English game and the national set-up. 

Maybe the European Super League and those elite few leaving is the answer to all genuine English football fans getting their game back? 

This. Absolutely all of it. 

When my piss stops boiling, my view is the a front 7 of      Watkins-Grealish-Traore-Barkley-McGinn-Luiz       isn't as good as a front 7 of         Watkins-Ings-Buendia-Bailey-McGinn-(a top quality CDM).

One more signing for me, and we could move up quite a few places in the league, and be a lot better and richer for Jack going.

• Like 1

He definitely calls him Jack Greedlish. I thought it was an audio cut out in the live broadcast, but the video doesn't stutter and seems to be on the playback version.

Surely that's not an accident. Surely he knows how to pronounce his name...?

Anyway, still love the announcement, still think we're in a better place than last year

Fair play for doing the statement, on the main subject matter, well, what is there to say. I’ve tried justifying Jack’s move and whilst I think a lot of the comments are over the top, he really doesn’t come off well frankly, but F him, he’s old news now.

Purslow talking about analysing the gap left behind and filling it with 3 new players, sounds very moneyball-esque to me and unfortunately, we can only replace with Jack with one player at any one time so finding 3 players to compensate for his loss is somewhat irrelevant.

Really hoping our transfer business is not over, as seemed to be indicated.

• Like 1

Â