Christian Purslow

villan-scott

11 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I wish they were honest about the release clause.. other than that I agree.

1st rule of release clauses is that you don't talk about them. Just asking for a bid. 

• Like 1

Purslow is not going to talk about further recruits. He was trying to divert the focus to the players we have got, and how they had a contingency plan in place should we lose Jack.

In years gone by we would have been ****, back peddling and panic buying.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yes, he didnt say we werent buying more players, he said effectively that they have looked to replace Grealish in the aggregate, with Buendia, Ings and Bailey, ie: matched his output by improving 3 key areas specifically.

More likely improve on his output since they probably all won't miss a huge chunk of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Anyone else feel like we've closed the cheque book by saying we've replaced him and ready for the new season? 

You can't say we are going to keep spending otherwise everyone puts their prices up. Better to appear to have spent the Grealish money in advance than say we still have £100m to spend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought Purslow denied it? Either way not bothered anymore.

They denied he had one in his previous contract. No such comment after the new one he signed last year. No comment either way.

Really hope this doesn’t mean that’s the end of our business, replacing jack with 3 is great and all, but if you simply replace Jack it’s still the team that finished bottom half of the league? I know it’s not that simple but surely we needed to move forward from last season not just stand still? 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was the " THEY truly are the future now "  A little dig?

We've bent over backwards to get him to stay and be happy and hopefully buy into the future and yet he continued to want out. I wouldn't be surprised if they let a few digs slip. Professionally, of course.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Also for others saying about "business is done", he didnt say that

This. I don't know where people are getting the impression that our transfer business is done. All he said was that the Grealish replacements had been signed to replace his key attributes. 

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If a club wants the player they will make enquiries and find out anyway, see this transfer for confirmation.

Surely they have to test the clause bidding. I strongly doubt we have any obligation to advertise it.

Â