Christian Purslow

villan-scott

He isnt rentaquote any more . He speaks only when needed and when he does he is clear and concise and informative. And he doesnt wish Jack well which says to me that he isnt the romantic type. Him and the owners are pissed off and will not let him put off their ambitions 

• Like 2

Classy move today. Happy with how we handled that. But here’s a thought. £30 for an away ticket in the prem. We get, what, 5,000 tickets for an away game on average? There are 19 away games a season. That’s 2.85m. The club can pay for every away fans ticket for  35 years with this cash. That would take the sting off for me! 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't buy that they knew about this for a long time (though Jack might have) 

We know they didn't include him in last years kit launch because there was a danger of him leaving.  No way would they have included him in the home kit launch if they had an inkling.  Yet he was excluded from the away kit deal. 

Something definitely changed between the home and away kit launch, that's when the club knew something was up. 

Jack certainly been planning on getting away - **** up when he said it’s been a tough few months thinkin it over in the sky interview .

purslow came across very well tonight - explained things clearly 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Amazing reaction Purslow's got accross the board from other clubs fans and media - just goes to show how shitty the game has got that this simple well timed address to Villa fans has been received so well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Amazing reaction Purslow's got accross the board from other clubs fans and media - just goes to show how shitty the game has got that this simple well timed address to Villa fans has been received so well. 

What are others saying? Other than VT I don't do social media. 

You know the more I look at it I think Purslow did a great thing here. 

I think he has played this honestly and in good faith. He is surely disappointed with Jacks decision but like all good CEOs he made damn sure his business wins whichever way a contract goes. Fairplay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hiney said:

I'm very happy with who we have in charge of the club and I'm confident the future is bright with these guys. 

As others have said, the main thing I took from this video was that they are clearly unhappy about something. Maybe the way things have been handled, or being kept in the dark by Grealish's team on things  but this seemed very much like "setting the record straight". Also the fact there was no thank you, no good luck speaks volumes.  

That was the best bit for me 

Edited by Hobbit Feet

Late to the party but I’ve just watched Purslow’s message. Well done that man, that’s a solid statement and great piece of communication. I love the Freudian slip, Jack ‘greedlish’ and the cold, calculated way he presented. Purslow’s leadership gives me huge confidence that we’re in the best hands, and with NSWE’s backing, we’re a really professional outfit these days. 

I'll be amazed if the club allow such a clause in a contract as they did with Jack again. You don't get into the top six when you continue to sell your best players. I imagine the owners will be looking to stop such a deal happening again if they're serious about European football. 

44 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Fair enough. Didn't appreciate you saying it at the time but you were proved right in the end.

Yeah ditto @Fairy In Boots

I don’t think I gave you any stick over all this (I say optimistically!), but like above I wasn’t exactly enjoying your posts a great deal either.

But fair’s fair you’d been calling it for more than a while now and taken a bit of stick for it. So credit where it’s due.

• Like 1

Â