Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Yes gutted but the show must go and I hope we bring a couple more players.

Good interview from Purslow he always seems nice and respective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I think its very clever to get it out there what happened by Purslow, being honest and open with the fans, also it puts all the decisions back on Grealish and effectively exonerates the club from any accusations of us trying to offload him etc, i think the club and management can hold its head high.

Also dont read too much in to the transfer talk, he is just trying to guard against the "ur rich as ****" tax.

Top work, great show of interaction with the fans, cant say a bad word, onwards and upwards.

i do hope you're right. i mean, if we spent the jack money on emi, ings and bailey and that's the end of our spending, then we've actually not invested a penny

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

So does that mean we are going to field 13 players in future? 

Dude, his terminology is replacing X player in the aggregate, that might mean you have to improve 3 positions in the team by Y to achieve what was achieved previously in one position by X.

Also for others saying about "business is done", he didnt say that, he more spoke about their efforts to replace his output, and that, he believes, was achieved by improving 3 core areas/players specifically, to recreate the aggregate of output.

You guys need to read Moneyball :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, they didn't actually think anybody would trigger the 100m clause, at least not in England. Leave it to Pep "we can't afford him" Guardiola and City to do it though.

This is true. They don’t even need him. That’s the worst thing about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i do hope you're right. i mean, if we spent the jack money on emi, ings and bailey and that's the end of our spending, then we've actually not invested a penny

yes, he didnt say we werent buying more players, he said effectively that they have looked to replace Grealish in the aggregate, with Buendia, Ings and Bailey, ie: matched his output by improving 3 key areas specifically.

Just now, tomav84 said:

There’s no way in heck when you are sitting on pocket Aces that you go and say “I HAVE POCKET ACES”. Nah you make out like we are done… You don’t tell people you have 100 million burning a hole in your pocket.

Even if we don’t spend it now, it’ll come in January or next Summer. Our owners aren’t in this for an immediate profit. They’re still in the heavy investment phase. 

• Like 1

Can't fault the club as it sounds like Grealish had them over a barrel. 

He was only going to stay and sign a new deal if a release cause was added. Villa obviously relented because he's the star player and here we are today.

I know some may say "why wasn't the clause higher?", but if the clause was set too high then he wouldn't have signed the deal. 

I'm glad Purslow outlined the whole situation and threw Grealish under the bus. 

• Like 2

i'm a bit gutted about the suggestion that there seemingly won't be a new left winger coming in, because we're crying out for one now. maybe the plan is to play Bailey there.

impressed by the stream itself though, don't think i've ever seen a club's CEO livestream an explanation for selling a player before. fair play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought Purslow denied it? Either way not bothered anymore.

this supposed denial of a release clause has been debated on here a few times and no one, myself included, can find the interview. think it's a myth to be honest

Â