Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are a much bigger club than Wolves and have a more impressive History, a better name too in my opinion.

but the sad fact is they are further down the line in terms of development of their first team, than us.....why wait for all Villa's promises, when you can fast track to the league to be in.

That will not be lost on Tammy, not to mention the dough, he will be seduced with.

There are far less things to worry about at Wolves.....not least keeping the bloody ball out of the net....good players get tired of that.

Because it’s only six more months...

If he stays here until the end of the season he’ll get 25ish goals and his stock will continue to rise. There is absolutely no risk for him staying and at 21, there’s no rush.

Leaving is a huge risk for him. Wolves may not even start him, or he may find it difficult as he did last year. If that’s the case, he’s back to square one again next season and would likely find himself at a Championship or lower Premier League club at best. Stay and get more goals means he will improve as a player and may get a big move in the summer.

The sensible thing to do is stay, then move to pastures new in the summer (or stay at Chelsea). But he may back himself to do it in the league above from now, which I feel isn’t worth the risk at this stage and he may as well wait a few months.

Edited by birdistheword
  • Like 2

Well what Spiers has said matches with what Smith said pre match. It’s still Abraham’s choice and no choice has been made, publicly. There is still a hope he might like what he’s started here and want to finish it off. 

Or he might want to prove himself and cut his teeth in the Prem until May. 

Either way, I’m sure we’ll know soon enough by the sound of it. 

14 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Because it’s only six more months...

If he stays here until the end of the season he’ll get 25ish goals and his stock will continue to rise. There is absolutely no risk for him staying and at 21, there’s no rush.

Leaving is a huge risk for him. Wolves may not even start him, or he may find it difficult as he did last year. If that’s the case, he’s back to square one again next season and would likely find himself at a Championship or lower Premier League club at best. Stay and get more goals means he will improve as a player and may get a big move in the summer.

The sensible thing to do is stay, then move to pastures new in the summer (or stay at Chelsea). But he may back himself to do it in the league above from now, which I feel isn’t worth the risk at this stage and he may as well wait a few months.

Leaving is not a huge risk at all. He is a highly paid chelsea player, regardless of what happens.

He will want to play for chelsea, that won't happen by scoring 25 goals in the championship. He will need to prove it against premier league opposition. 

I think it would be a daft decision to turn it down. 

• Like 2

I think he's going, so I'm prepared to accept that. It's going to be a loss, a loss we need to embrace and replace. Bring in Maupay permenent and get rid of Hogan and kodjia in my eyes, they can't do the job were asking Tammy to do. I have no faith in our two strikers Hogan and kodjia to fire us into the premiere as sad as it sounds it's true but am open to be proven wrong, if Smith doesn't bring a replacement in.

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Leaving is not a huge risk at all. He is a highly paid chelsea player, regardless of what happens.

He will want to play for chelsea, that won't happen by scoring 25 goals in the championship. He will need to prove it against premier league opposition. 

I think it would be a daft decision to turn it down. 

So where does he go if he moves to Wolves now and doesn’t play? Or he does play but still isn’t ready for the Premier League?

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I expect he'll go, but I think it's a risk.

His goalscoring record in the PL is absolutely abysmal. 

Right now, he's tearing up the Championship, and I expect he could continue keep doing so until May. Next season, he could have the chance to bed in with a PL team, and have the summer to train with them, then a year to score some goals and make a name for himself, whereas now, he'd have to drop in to the middle of a season with far higher expectations, knowing he only has about 4 months to impress Chelsea.

I think he has one more shot at impressing Chelsea in the PL. If he flops at Wolves, he has a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I expect he'll go, but I think it's a risk.

His goalscoring record in the PL is absolutely abysmal. 

Right now, he's tearing up the Championship, and I expect he could continue keep doing so until May. Next season, he could have the chance to bed in with a PL team, and have the summer to train with them, then a year to score some goals and make a name for himself, whereas now, he'd have to drop in to the middle of a season with far higher expectations, knowing he only has about 4 months to impress Chelsea.

I think he has one more shot at impressing Chelsea in the PL. If he flops at Wolves, he has a problem.

If he flops at wolves on loan. I would have him back here on loan next season. So would 90% of championship clubs.

I want him to stay. But we need this concluding one way or the by the end of next week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he flops at wolves on loan. I would have him back here on loan next season. So would 90% of championship clubs.

I want him to stay. But we need this concluding one way or the by the end of next week.

Doubt 90% of Championship clubs would want him back with us on loan next season ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It is a gamble on his behalf. If he goes to Wolves, he needs to hit the ground running or people will be on his back saying he’s not ready. They’ll just point at his goal record in the championship and just say he obviously can’t go up a level. I think it would take a little pressure off him if he moved to a prem team in the summer, he’d have time to bed in and prepare.

13 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It is a gamble on his behalf. If he goes to Wolves, he needs to hit the ground running or people will be on his back saying he’s not ready. They’ll just point at his goal record in the championship and just say he obviously can’t go up a level. I think it would take a little pressure off him if he moved to a prem team in the summer, he’d have time to bed in and prepare.

Tbf I dont think many championship players would turn down a move to the prem even in Jan.

I think tammy has self beleif enough. I doubt he will be wary of the prem tbh

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hopefully sooner. It’s dragging on now. 

I don't think he has anything to fear from Premier league football and I think Wolves would be a decent club for him to be at. I'm hoping he's enjoying life here and will stay, but it will be difficult for us; he won't need to move house, he won't need to stop seeing the friends he's got here, it'd be a football change, not a big life change. For him there's an opportunity. 

I can only hope that the challenge of bringing this club up and the chance of having that achievement on his CV is motivation enough. No matter how he plays for Wolves, it's unlikely they'll finish the season with anything more notable than a decent Premier league position - here he has a chance to do something. Maybe that'll be enough - if not, I'll wish him well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Villa suddenly become relevant again to the wolves fans ! Would enjoy seeing what Tammy can do upfront for us ,  then again if it’s just to improve a Chelsea player and not our own I don’t really see the point . Let’s face it , we will most likely finish in the top ten anyway this season . Then come the end of the season with top six ambitions I’m sure we will be looking for a more prolific striker than Tammy off uncle Jorge ,  as so far he hasn’t cut the mustard when previously in the greed league. 

As far as villa goes I doubt we are that concerned about you , as you are that far behind us now it would have no benefit or  make no sense derailing your promotion hopes . I don’t think you will make it up this season anyway even with keeping Tammy as your just not consistent enough and seem to ship a shed load of goals , but all the best for the future :) UTW

Haha

20+ years in Villa's shadow and here you's are, 6 months into having your neck infront of us and the gloating has already began! :crylaugh:

We're still the biggest team in the midlands with the most honours and class - even when we're in the league below you.  You're just merely keeping our spot warm.  ;)

It's true what they say.. Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame. - Enjoy your's while it lasts kiddo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Villa suddenly become relevant again to the wolves fans !

Still waiting for it to happen the other way round

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, birdistheword said:

So where does he go if he moves to Wolves now and doesn’t play? Or he does play but still isn’t ready for the Premier League?

Why wouldn't he play? He will get a chance. If he isn't ready for chelsea or top teams i'm sure every championship club and a handful of prem clubs will want him. 

Hardly the end of his career if it doesn't work out.

Â