Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Very underrated player imo and someone who has contributed immensely to getting us back into the premier league and then stabilising us and helping to keep us up in that first season. Sad the way it ended for him here, don't think he deserved to be frozen out like that and im confident he could have contributed in some of the games we have had under gerrard, particualrly yesterday.

That is a very good fee and deal for Eindhoven, i don't think it is the last we have seen of El Ghazi in this country, we will see him in the championship or premier league again imo. Thanks Anwar, Best of luck!

• Like 1

A decent enough player for us, some big goals during important times for the club but maybe ultimately deceptively underwhelming overall contributions and impact - what could have been but ultimately wasn’t, I just wanted him to be a little quicker, a little trickier, a little bit more of a team player and hit just a couple of real bangers from outside the box. It’s a shame he’s left without a decent send off moment, and like Adomah, was important without writing a lasting legacy. 

Had lots of inconsistencies, but bagged double figures in the PL and was/is one of the best penalty takers I've ever seen.  

Hard to say that he's a hero with those ups and downs, but ran the show in our most consequential match in more than a decade that included players like (Mings, Grealish, McGinn, Abraham, Tomori, & Mount) so I think that might be cause for that status. 

• Like 1

All the best Anwar. Hit his ceiling I think and I hope he does well at PSV and gets some much needed game time as well as enjoy his new family addition.

Like many others, deserved better than to train with the U21's but to his credit, never kicked up a fuss or threw a fit.

Edited by DJBOB

Â