Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Had good technical ability but just was never consistent enough. His personal sacrifice he made to make sure he was 100% for the Playoff final will never be forgotten. He will always have a place in the Villa history books. I wish him the best and maybe he can sneak into the world cup squad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Had good technical ability but just was never consistent enough. His personal sacrifice he made to make sure he was 100% for the Playoff final will never be forgotten. He will always have a place in the Villa history books. I wish him the best and maybe he can sneak into the world cup squad.

This. Shouldn’t be underestimated.

A player that took a lot of flak from fans over the years and has been treated like crap by the current regime. Let's not forget how he put the club over his religious beliefs to help us back into the Premier League, which means a lot to me personally. 

Yes, he's had his downs but the good moments outweigh the bad ones in my opinion. 

He's a hero to me, I'll miss him massively. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thanks for everything Anwar. Best penalty taker we have ever had on our books. 

I have never ever been so relaxed of a villa player running up to take a penalty. He was genius. 

Tied with Jedinak. Even buried one in a world cup 

He brought a tear to my eye in the playoff run when he said that he hoped god forgave him for not fasting so he could be at his best. 

Im not a religious man myself Anwar but I know you take this stuff very seriously, so hopefully the fact you scored in the final gives you comfort that your God did indeed forgive you. 

One of the good guys. 

He made sacrifices to get this club back to where it belongs, and helped to keep it there, for that he should be very proud, and he will leave with my immense gratitude.

He's always behaved with the utmost dignity and professionalism, I hope he has great career from here on in, top bloke and from the look of his Twitter a proud Brummie!

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

Leaves with our thanks. There should be a statue of his shoulder somewhere.

More seriously though, for all his flaws, he's been an important figure in his time here, especially early on, and I think he'll be given a good reception should be ever visit Villa Park again.

Â