Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

His cracker against Baggies was brilliant. 

Must only be McGinn left from the Championship team now? 

I like wingers like him, he was fun to watch and seemed like a really nice guy - all the best Anwar!! :) 

Mings was on loan second half of the season, does that count?

McGinn still plays on championship level though

Someone posted his leaving tweets on AV NZ supporters FB and I posted this and mean every bit of it

Love him always. Wouldn't make the line up most times but goal in play off final and every time he stepped up for penalty was guaranteed goal. AEG Villan forever

• Like 3

Backheel assist with his first touch within the first minute coming on as a sub. Go on Anwar.

Interestingly enough - looked to be playing up front for PSV.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

https://theathletic.com/3754614/2022/11/03/anwar-el-ghazi-interview-aston-villa-interview?source=user-shared-article

One of my favourite Villa players. He's doing well for PSV with 4 in his last 5.

Ofc not good enough for us though. Even though United spent 70 mil on Anthony who got 22 combined goals and assists in 33 appearances last season for ajax. El gahzi has 5 goals and 2 assists in 11 appearances for PSV a number of them as a sub only 525 minutes total for 7 goal contributions. 

Absolutely amazing the amount of destruction Gerrard did in a year. 

Getting rid of almost every winger in the club to play a system the players didn’t fit and wouldn’t work in the prem. 

El Ghazi, Traore, Trez probably aren’t good enough but to ship all of them out! Maddening.

In some ways, I can’t even fully blame Gerrard. Should have never received the carte blanche he got from Purslow.

That gutted me reading that interview. Probably my fave player at Villa from our Championship/first 2 seasons back in Prem era. 

I'm so glad the lad is doing well at PSV. Given a run of games, he always scores goals. 

Just wish he had been given a chance this season for us. He could of done no worse than Gerrards best mate and at least while doing so wouldn't be milking a huge wage. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was just looking up Moroccan players who have played for Villa, and seen that El Ghazi was eligible to play for Morocco and that he was trying to switch allegiance before the world cup, but how's that possible if he's played twice for Netherlands in competitive fixtures?

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Was just looking up Moroccan players who have played for Villa, and seen that El Ghazi was eligible to play for Morocco and that he was trying to switch allegiance before the world cup, but how's that possible if he's played twice for Netherlands in competitive fixtures?

I guess "trying to" gives you your answer. 

Â