Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Genuinely gutted.

One of my fave players to watch over the last few years. Much maligned by a lot of Villa fans but he scored goals for us & he's a good player that has been treated like shit over the last 12 months. 

I'll be keeping a watch out now for PSV & sure he will hit the ground running there.

Good luck Anwar & thank you 💜💙

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Genuinely gutted.

One of my fave players to watch over the last few years. Much maligned by a lot of Villa fans but he scored goals for us & he's a good player that has been treated like shit over the last 12 months. 

I'll be keeping a watch out now for PSV & sure he will hit the ground running there.

Good luck Anwar & thank you 💜💙

I think that sugar coats it a little. He’s been inconsistent since day one and he has always been at pretty much every club he has been at. However he has been a part of one of our best periods in over a decade and has contributed to some brilliant memories and for that he will have my thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine his resale value was helped by making him train with the kids 

On form still the sort of player, sub who could get you a goal I'm the last 20 minutes.

I think I'd still rather have him here than McGinn. Wasn't he vice captain at one stage?

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think that sugar coats it a little. He’s been inconsistent since day one and he has always been at pretty much every club he has been at. However he has been a part of one of our best periods in over a decade and has contributed to some brilliant memories and for that he will have my thanks.

He's never been consistent but when Anwar 'turned up', besides Grealish, he was the most exciting talent IMO in the squad. Like you say though, he didn't do it regularly enough but I still think he got frozen out too early. 

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

He's never been consistent but when Anwar 'turned up', besides Grealish, he was the most exciting talent IMO in the squad. Like you say though, he didn't do it regularly enough but I still think he got frozen out too early. 

100% I don’t agree with how he has been treated and Gerrard should be ashamed of that. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have been back in the Prem the year that we did. He certainly deserves more respect than that.  

Very frustrating player, he definitely has the tools just not the consistency. Like you say, when he does turn up he is quality. He just doesn’t do it enough. I wish him well for sure though. 

• Like 3

I think El Ghazi is in his final year of his contract, isn’t he? If so, 2.5m (£ or €) i assume represents a profit in terms of FFP.

Cheers Anwar, gave us some great moments. When he scored at Wembley I knew we we’re on our way back and he’d played his part in making that happen.

Wishing Anwar all the best, thanks for those rockets you scored and those penalties you took so cooly. We are here thanks to your part also, never forget that. All the best with your new child and future with PSV. UTV.

• Like 2

I think it’s a great move for him, would enjoy seeing him do well. He needed to rebuild his career and profile, I think he will do it there and good luck to him.

Thanks Anwar, especially for that POF performance 👏 

Like Trezeguet had this incredible ability of finding space in the box. Like Trezeguet frustratingly inconsistent but had a dream run during the lockdown season in terms of goals. 

Nothing but love for the fella and the best penalty taker around. In fact if every English penalty taker could take a penalty like AEG 1966 wouldn’t be the only trophy win. 

All the best . 

Â