Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

57 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

yep, mutual termination of contract. 

Got to be off to Saudi. Why agree your termination of contract otherwise? No one else is going to give him better wages. 

As a free agent he will be good value somewhere…He always did good for us in terms of output, much better numbers than a lot of big names. Never really got a crack at Everton did he. Luton should get him in for the experience and will be fantastic in championship which looks to be where they are heading 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Any reason given? A falling out?

Its a common enough thing now, free agents can move outside the window and its usually when clubs cant get a fee or dont have any space in the registered squads

Happened to Schmeichel too

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1698661739062026349?s=46&t=7xbyQc9iTNKPf9yZHVZH2g

Im usually pretty opposed to taking players back, especially when he’s not even given time at PSV.

But a right footed player who is still our best penalty taker and familiar with the team and area when we might have to go to penalties in the conference league?

Mighty tempting. 

• Like 2

I'd take him back as a rotation option for the games we aren't worried about, or games where we need to bring on competent penalty takers.

His salary would presumably be low. He'd probably be happy coming here as a sub, given he only started 12 of PSV's games last season, and we're kinda short on options thanks to injuries and selling half our youth team. 

But, I suspect there many more reasons why it would be a bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Scored the second-greatest misdirected goal in Villa's history. For that I would always be grateful to him. Wonder what his next move is.

Am sure Hutton meant that finish 😉

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have people gone mental. 

I thank him for what he did for us but he's miles away from being good enough for us now. 

If he wants anything more than 30k per week I agree. For that much,  he'd be a better option than nobody though,  and if we're releasing Coutinho as it seems we are very short on numbers for what is going to be a very long season.  His salary was reportedly less than 30k at PSV so might even accept less.

If he wins us a penalty shootout he's made his money back with one kick. 

Â