Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I hope he is a real success at Everton and gets himself a nice long contract in the summer with a healthy transfer fee for us. But with the emotional attachment for AEG gone u will need a new Villa fav. With the new signings, Bailey and Sanson to get fit (hopefully) and playing more to Gerrard's system I hope u will be spoiled for choice picking a new fav

Well, I'm quite fond of Sanson, being a 38 year old bloke, my wife is worried if it is for more than footballing reasons 😂😂

She's still not over my admiration for JPA and his flowing, Colombian locks 😍

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Well, I'm quite fond of Sanson, being a 38 year old bloke, my wife is worried if it is for more than footballing reasons 😂😂

She's still not over my admiration for JPA and his flowing, Colombian locks 😍

David Ginola must have been a bit of a fav too

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 19.36.32.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its actually quite sad seeing Anwar in that first interview for Everton.

I don't want him playing for us but I dont want him playing for anyone else either.

That's exactly how men are when they cheat on their wife / girlfriend. They don't want to be shagging them but they sure has hell don't want anyone else shagging them either :)

• Like 1

I'm not gutted at all.

Great chap but he is nowhere near good enough for us.

This sentimentality among our fanbase needs to stop.

Being ruthless is a part of creating a winning culture.

Gerrard is looking to clear out the dead wood and it's good to see.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not gutted at all.

Great chap but he is nowhere near good enough for us.

This sentimentality among our fanbase needs to stop.

Being ruthless is a part of creating a winning culture.

Gerrard is looking to clear out the dead wood and it's good to see.

I am delighted that AEG has gone. I want better than AEG, it doesn't stop me being respectful to him about his time with us. I felt exactly the same about Deano. Great guy but i wanted him sacked and I will be forever grateful for the promotion and the great times he brought to Villa as our manager

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think I’ve made my views clear on here previously. In terms of consistent performance i think Anwar doesn’t fit where we hope to be so I'm not disappointed he has left from a playing perspective.  

But as I’ve said previously, the moment at Wembley was the greatest sporting moment in my life, and the fact he’s a religious man and he stopped fasting for the play offs is something we should all be grateful of. 

So Anwar, thanks for the memories mate, hope you smash it Everton 

Edited by av1

14 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I met him once in town and told him I grew my hair out in dedication to him.

Not going to lie he looked a little scared.

Got this vision of you going up to him saying "hey mate, my names Pissflaps..." 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Not surprised. I would be scared if hairy Pissflaps started talking to me.

I think we've all faced that situation 😉

• Haha 2

He's a bit like Hourihane, Whelan, Elmo, & Hutton for me and I will always hold a place in my heart for him.  Great for us in the Championship, but no longer up to the standard we need to keep moving forward.  He seems like a good dude, but I'm happy we're finally looking to move him on.  I hope he tears it up for Everton, but I can't see how he'll fit into Rafaball.  

All in all, has been one of our better buys in the last 10 years. Right from the start he looked a good un and seemed really excited to join us even though he was dropping down a division going from top flight football in France. His play off goal  off his shoulder could well be as almost as important as Peter Withe's glorious shin in 82, in terms of getting us back to where we belong. I thank him for that.

He has also played a important part in restabilising us back in the premier league even when he hasn't been always first choice. Getting 10 goals last season was impressive given the lack of game time. I don't really see a future of him now at Villa but wish him well in his next stage of his career.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Its actually quite sad seeing Anwar in that first interview for Everton.

I don't want him playing for us but I dont want him playing for anyone else either.

you sound like some psycho over bearing boyfriend who wants to dump his ex but no-one else is allowed her.......pretty sure that story doesnt end nicely....

:)

Â