Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Everton fans can boo and abuse him now, for me, he is a good player. Good value for the £9m we paid, I don’t want him to go edit- it’s with an option to buy, that’s a shame :(

I liked him as much as you but it’s the right time and a great move for him if he gets time on the pitch for them. Better for him than being 3rd choice for a position that doesn’t suit him here.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Everton fans can boo and abuse him now, for me, he is a good player. Good value for the £9m we paid, I don’t want him to go edit- it’s with an option to buy, that’s a shame :(

Better value than that. We paid a 2.5m loan fee for him which covered his wages for the year. Then when we signed him following his loan spell the fee was reported as 5.75m

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I am gutted this looks like the end of Anwar at Villa. 

He has been my fave player for 2 or 3 seasons now - probably down to his direct style, I love a player who will wallop in a shot from wherever.  I still don't think he ever got a fair run in the side at Prem level and when he did have a few games, he scored goals. 

Good luck to the kid, he is still young and there is a very good player lurking in there, I think he just needs to feel loved, ala Benteke, and never quite got the whole Villa fan base behind him.

If AEG has been your fav player for the last 2 or 3 years I suspect you are in for a real treat watching Villa for the next 2 or 3 years

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

If AEG has been your fav player for the last 2 or 3 years I suspect you are in for a real treat watching Villa for the next 2 or 3 years

Like I said, I've no idea why, just really warmed to him and I could see past the frustratuons most developed in his time with us. 

Hopefully he has an excellent career, just a shame it didn't work at fully at Villa. Our system is obviously going to be narrower with 2 number 10's so I'm glad Anwar is hopefully off to play some games and get himself a decent move this summer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I am gutted this looks like the end of Anwar at Villa. 

He has been my fave player for 2 or 3 seasons now - probably down to his direct style, I love a player who will wallop in a shot from wherever.  I still don't think he ever got a fair run in the side at Prem level and when he did have a few games, he scored goals. 

Good luck to the kid, he is still young and there is a very good player lurking in there, I think he just needs to feel loved, ala Benteke, and never quite got the whole Villa fan base behind him.

I love the guy too, but friend, wait until you see this Phil fella we've brought in. Rumor has it he likes the odd screamer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Like I said, I've no idea why, just really warmed to him and I could see past the frustratuons most developed in his time with us. 

Hopefully he has an excellent career, just a shame it didn't work at fully at Villa. Our system is obviously going to be narrower with 2 number 10's so I'm glad Anwar is hopefully off to play some games and get himself a decent move this summer.

I hope he is a real success at Everton and gets himself a nice long contract in the summer with a healthy transfer fee for us. But with the emotional attachment for AEG gone u will need a new Villa fav. With the new signings, Bailey and Sanson to get fit (hopefully) and playing more to Gerrard's system I hope u will be spoiled for choice picking a new fav

• Like 1

Â