Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wish him well. No where near good enough unfortunately. I do wonder what the hell Everton are doing. 

Good Luck Anwar. 

Seems a really strange one. Gray, who is occupying that left wing position, has arguably been their best player this season. 

• Like 1

El Ghazi has been with us for 3 and a half years, which at our rate deserves practically a testimonial. 

I don't follow every clubs transfers but Villa for years has a ridiculous player turnover.  Is it only McGinn,  Mings, Steer, and Davies left from the championship squad? 

I can only think of a few players who have been at Villa for more than 4 seasons in the last 20 odd years. Petrov, Hutton (went out on loan for a bit), Melberg, and the home grown lot of Gabby, Grealish and Hendrie. To get 200 games for a club should only take roughly 5 years or so if you are first choice but that seems a huge milestone for any Villa player to make recently.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

El Ghazi has been with us for 3 and a half years, which at our rate deserves practically a testimonial. 

I don't follow every clubs transfers but Villa for years has a ridiculous player turnover.  Is it only McGinn,  Mings, Steer, and Davies left from the championship squad? 

I can only think of a few players who have been at Villa for more than 4 seasons in the last 20 odd years. Petrov, Hutton (went out on loan for a bit), Melberg, and the home grown lot of Gabby, Grealish and Hendrie. To get 200 games for a club should only take roughly 5 years or so if you are first choice but that seems a huge milestone for any Villa player to make recently.

I think he left in about 2010-2011.

• Haha 1

Anwar seems like a top bloke and has given us some important moments over the last couple of years. He’s not at the level that we want to be as a club, but I think all Villa fans would wish him nothing but good luck, wherever he ends up.

All the best Anwar. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Do you not say goodbye when villawife21 leaves you for work? 

I do but I don't talk about the memories when she does.

Anwar is still a Villa player and contracted till summer 23

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I do but I don't talk about the memories when she does.

Anwar is still a Villa player and contracted till summer 23

You would if she left you for the post man 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860v48xd0qqad5kj2n1p

or would you bring up the contract? 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don’t think anybody will touch Gareth Barry’s 365 appearances for us. Gabby was here 3 years longer and still has 30 less appearances than him. 🤣

Just now, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think anybody will touch Gareth Barry’s 365 appearances for us. Gabby was here 3 years longer and still has 30 less appearances than him. 🤣

McGinn will get close, he loves the Villa. 

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

McGinn will get close, he loves the Villa. 

He’s currently on a roughly  130 appearances,  if he’s here for another 4 seasons on a average of 30 appearances per season he’d still be well behind Gareth Barry.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s currently on a rougher 130 appearances,  if he’s here for another 4 seasons on a average of 30 appearances pers season he’d still be well behind Gareth Barry.

Yeah true, it would need 10-15 cup and European appearances a season to get there on top of the league apps. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see him starting games for Everton either.

But they need a squad

Pretty sure I read that they plan to utilise him from the bench not as a starting option. Obviously it depends how well he shows himself in training, but you’re right that they need a squad

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Anwar isn't going anywhere.

There is no way Everton will buy him when they actually watch him play. Just can't see it.

He is though because if Everton don't sign him in the summer someone else will. Either way he'll never play for us again (apart from maybe in preseason)

• Like 2

Â