Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No loaning out established players in the peak of their career.

Sell. At some point we need to get good at actually selling assets.

Totally agree that we should sell AEG for a profit but the recent sale of one of our assets for Ten Billion Pence says hi. 

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I’m surprised that Norwich have not gone in for him. He would be an upgrade on their attacking options and Dean obviously knows him well. I thought they might sniff around a few of our players to be honest. Does anybody know if they have got any money?

Think only question is does he want to drop down to championship again. I'm sure a decent number of mid level european teams will be interested if we circulate his name around so we should get 10m or so and not sure Norwich would even pay that.

Inconsistant as feck but played his part in us rising the last three years which shouldn't be forgotten. It is time to move him on this month.

• Like 2

How often does a mid-table PL club sell a reserve player for any kind of profit?  We already had a Europe top 30 wage bill our first year back in the PL.  Doubt anyone is going to stump up any type of fee for Anwar or try to match the wages he's getting here to play 15-20 times a season. Outside of moving on a free think he will see out his deal here. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

How often does a mid-table PL club sell a reserve player for any kind of profit?  We already had a Europe top 30 wage bill our first year back in the PL.  Doubt anyone is going to stump up any type of fee for Anwar or try to match the wages he's getting here to play 15-20 times a season. Outside of moving on a free think he will see out his deal here. 

Depends how much the player signed for in the first place. Didn't El Ghazi cost something like £8m when we were in the Championship?

I would imagine that we could get more than that now, even though he isn't featuring that much.

It also depends on whether or not he wants to leave or if he is happy sat on the bench picking up his weekly wage.

• Like 1

He is a rarity. A limited player but a  goalscorer that isnt a striker. A greedy player that is a brilliant penalty taker. Its a wierd combination that he snatches at his shots but is deadly from the spot. 

A Mendes client as well so i am sure he will get maybe an Italian club. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Totally agree that we should sell AEG for a profit but the recent sale of one of our assets for Ten Billion Pence says hi. 

Of course but we ideally don't want to be selling our best player ever summer if we can help it.

Much better to sell squad players for around 30m ish every 12 months. If we could box clever we could get close to that selling AEG, Gullibert, Hause and Trez perhaps. Would've added Nakamba in that two months back but I expect him to get a new deal now given his impact under Gerrard.

Could also argue keeping AEG here will mean less minutes for JPB towards end of season unless we loan him out so that's where keeping someone for a few more months before selling impacts on long term development of young players.

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

He got double figures goal wise in prem last season, those guys don't go for 5m.

Obviously hasn't played much this year but was only six months ago he was on fringes of Dutch squad, still mid 20s and played for some decent teams earlier in his career.

I could see a Southampton or Brighton being interested in him. Did Bielsa sign him for Lille?

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

This is our challenge. It's difficult for a club in our position to sell our fringe players for a good return as the clubs above us would not want them, the ones below us could not afford them and the ones outside the Premier League could not afford their wages. Even the likes of Traore, Targett and Cash - there really are only 5 or 6 clubs that might be interested and could potentially purchase them at above the price we bought them for. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

This is our challenge. It's difficult for a club in our position to sell our fringe players for a good return as the clubs above us would not want them, the ones below us could not afford them and the ones outside the Premier League could not afford their wages. Even the likes of Traore, Targett and Cash - there really are only 5 or 6 clubs that might be interested and could potentially purchase them at above the price we bought them for. 

Yeah teams in the bottom half of the Premier League don’t have many teams available to sell cast off players to. 

Teams like Liverpool and City can sell to teams like Southampton in the lower Premier Leagues but no team below the Premier League or in overseas leagues has the funds to purchase our players for more than we paid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah teams in the bottom half of the Premier League don’t have many teams available to sell cast off players to. 

Teams like Liverpool and City can sell to teams like Southampton in the lower Premier Leagues but no team below the Premier League or in overseas leagues has the funds to purchase our players for more than we paid. 

Slightly different but West Ham did sell Haller to Ajax for 20m last season.

I know it was a massive loss but they did get him in for 40m. AEG scored more goals than him at prem level in last 18 months (I know we wouldn't get 20m for him though).

Trez is probably one we'll have to just recoup 4-5m due to the bad injury although perhaps him having a good AFCON will bump up his price a little bit more.

i'd be happy to keep AEG around tbf, he has been a decent servant to the club over the last few years and been a very good value signing when you consider the amount of goals and assists he has got for us in the championship and prem. It seems like he wants out and to play more regularly which is fair enough, respect to him for that. At the hammers he would be an impact sub and could see him doing well under moyes. He seems like an Everton or Palace type signing, they will be able to get him playing and get goals out of him and would probably suit the palace formation quite well as he can be technical.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

He got 10 goals in 28 appearances last season. 

I'm no El Ghazi fan as you will see if you read any of my past quotes on this very thread but he's worth £10m of anyone's money. 

• Like 2

We need to get rid whilst we can make a profit. I think he gets a lot of disrespect and we do actually owe him a lot, and I don’t think he’s awful but I don’t think he’s good enough for where we are at let alone where we want to be.

Would hope we can get something like £20m for El Ghazi and Trez combined 

• Like 1

If we could get rid of him as part of the deal that would be absolutely fantastic. 

Let’s be honest, he’s mostly rubbish and he’ll only weaken Everton.

I can’t see him being part of the deal because Everton couldn’t be that stupid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we could get rid of him as part of the deal that would be absolutely fantastic. 

Let’s be honest, he’s mostly rubbish and he’ll only weaken Everton.

I can’t see him being part of the deal because Everton couldn’t be that stupid. 

i mean......this window is looking like the best ever, offloading El Ghazi as part of a transfer would be orgasmic.

I really dont see it happening tho, Everton would be nuts to take El Ghazi as part of the deal.

....fingers crossed tho.

Â