Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it's quite locig, AEG is an out and out winger, and we don't play with wingers. Also, he is not good enough overall although he pops up with his fair share of goals.

I don't think he is an out and out winger tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What would you say his position is? Wide forward?

I don't know. He's tricky but I don't see him as an out and out winger who's always trying to beat the fullback on the outside. And as his best position is LW he's often cutting inside.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is the top scorer for Villa in our squad in a team that doesnt score enough. Feel he has been badly treated by management

He hasn't though. Because when you think he might step up and cement a starting place, he'll let you down with a timid performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He hasn't though. Because when you think he might step up and cement a starting place, he'll let you down with a timid performance.

He played twice from memory under Gerrard and he helped make an impact vs Palace then randomly thrown on vs Chelsea 

Better than Trez when need a goal

• Like 2

He’s been ok at various times during his Villa career but inconsistent to say the least and he’s never really given the impression he’s up for the fight when the chips are down. No way can I see him as an SG type of player, certainly not character wise. Rumours of interest from various places, including WHU I think. Personally I’d cash in while we can. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, commander said:

he should be given a chance

Another one?! Come on! He has proven time and again that he is not up to it. I like the bloke but he is way down the pecking order now and for good reason.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Another one?! Come on! He has proven time and again that he is not up to it. I like the bloke but he is way down the pecking order now and for good reason.

While I agree we stuck Trez on yesterday, I'd much rather see Ghazi even though both are not good enough. He's not afraid to test the keeper at least. 

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, he’s been here long enough. El Ghazi is just never going to be good enough for where we want to be. 

It’s time we moved him on tbh. 

Right now it would be enough to have players that were good enough for where we are. 

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Has scored more than many others probably ever will.

On 02/01/2022 at 19:56, commander said:

he should be given a chance

The fact that Gerrard started with Traoré and then brought on Trezeguet against Brentford when they’re not played all season makes me think that El Ghazi’s days are numbered.

If ElGhazi does go he’ll always be remembered for that Play Off Final goal though. For the price paid, he’s done fine.

• Like 2

I’m surprised that Norwich have not gone in for him. He would be an upgrade on their attacking options and Dean obviously knows him well. I thought they might sniff around a few of our players to be honest. Does anybody know if they have got any money?

• Like 1

Â