Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

You would think he would want to put himself in the shop window. 

As soon as he came on our attacking play was totally blunted. Buendia is 3 times the player so I make that £10m from someone please. 

Edited by sidcow

He's really fragile isnt he, in the challenge, going up for headers. Just not good enough for where we want to be. Shame he hasn't improved or progressed his game as he has come up with so many important goals in the last few years. Would loved him to have kicked on with his career.

Time to move on Anwar.

He’s not match fit and clearly struggled when he came on. He needs consistent game time, which he’s not going to get under the current manager and especially given Cotinho’s arrival.

The truth is, he simply doesn’t have a future at VP that became fairly obvious once Smith left.

He’s surplus to requirements and I’ll be absolutely staggered if he doesn’t move on, either now or in the summer.

He's never been a an impact sub from what I can remember.  He'll be even less of one the less game time he gets.  Model pro and nice guy, but don't think he'll get the amount of football here he deserves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

To be fair to El Ghazi - he scores some good goals for us. But he generally needs somebody else to make the chance.

Swapping him in for our most creative player wasn't the best choice.

Great pen taker.

For every outfield goal he's scored for us, I would guess he's broken down a decent move 100 times.

Shame no offers came in this summer when his stock was highest. That showing at Soton in Deano’s last game was where i gave up with him. One of the most frustrating players at the club because he clearly has ability. Be lucky to get £7m for him. Some good memories but clearly one of a few here now that got us to where we needed to be at a certain moment in time. That time has elapsed. Tell his agent to find him a new club.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

I love AEG and fully appreciate what he’s done here, but we were fully in the game when he came on last night - he had no better opportunity to make an impact in a match, but he just looked flat. The press completely stopped and he was moaning at team mates within minutes of making his entrance. 

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest i thought JPB was just as bad. EL ghazi can go and JPB needs a loan

JPB actually tried to do something though. nearly created something too ball just got away from him

That bit when El Ghazi took it wide and blazed it over the bar highlighted his desire to impress, but also his selfishness. We're not going to be the sort of team that has pot shots from outside the box unless it's more central. Some of the close control football we played yesterday was great, particularly with Buendia involved, and I'm excited to see what Coutinho brings to this as well. But, I can't see how El Ghazi fits into this.

Â