Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not sure he actually intended the assist. Kind of looks like he stumbled on the ball and accidentally pushed it to Mcginn.

I don't think it was his plan when he got the ball but after the stumble he meant to give it to McGinn. However when he got the ball it looked as though he was planning to shoot.

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't think it was his plan when he got the ball but after the stumble he meant to give it to McGinn. However when he got the ball it looked as though he was planning to shoot.

I’d be almost certain any time one of our forward players gets the ball in that position they eye up a shot and then reassess if it’s not right or they stumble etc - much better than still trying to make the shot work.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He was planning to shoot, but when he stumbled, he quickly changed his mind. On the replay he clearly lays it off, he does a little stab at the ball while he's stumbling.

Agree, watching it real time I thought he took a poor touch ala Bailey setting up Ramsey but on the replays he definitely meant it as a lay off, he's stumbling and it's caught under his feet but he gets it off to mcginn and it ends up a good assist

Was a great move and goal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He was planning to shoot, but when he stumbled, he quickly changed his mind. On the replay he clearly lays it off, he does a little stab at the ball while he's stumbling.

Yeah, he did well to spot SJM and lay the ball off that well weighted after messing up his own shooting opportunity. Certainly nothing accidental about the assist itself. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not sure he actually intended the assist. Kind of looks like he stumbled on the ball and accidentally pushed it to Mcginn.

Oh come on mate, obviously he meant it. Good assist.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yes, just watched it again.. and I think you’re right.

Edited by Thug

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, commander said:

I think we need him back, always look more dangerous with him in the team.

I actually think we'll sell him next month.

A few thought he might get regular games under Gerrard due to possibly suiting the formation but he's barely played last two months and Young has been regularly picked ahead of him.

If we don't loan him out it makes sense to give JPB a few games near end of season as we did with Carney last 5 games last season and AEG still being around would stall things in that area.

Now that Traore is fit, and Bailey hopefully will be soon, I can’t see El Ghazi getting much game time at all. He’d probably be 4th or even 5th choice when he needs to be playing every week at this point in his career. I’d sell him and reinvest in other areas of the squad.

• Like 2

The playoff final was on of the the sky channels today. I don’t care it came of his back, I spent the weekend in London with my son and because I was there with my boy it was the greatest sporting moment of my life. 

The guy may not have a future here but he provided me with a moment I’ll never forget . 

Edited by av1

So a getting up to speed Traore and Trezeguet both ahead of him today.

When Gerrard said the other week there were a few players who weren't quite buying in to or up to speed (can't remember exactly how he worded it) with what he wanted to do, starting to think one was AEG.

Unless of course, he's being kept fresh for when the other two are at the ACON.

Edited by Tom13

Â