Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

TBH, he's an outstanding Championship winger and a good player for a club in the bottom half of the table.  He has talent and on his day can be a real handful for even top defenses to stop, plus his penalty taking is world class.  That said, inconsistency has been his biggest problem throughout his career, all the way back to his Ajax days.  15 million is probably a fair price for him.  I'm a bit surprised that Everton is bidding for him because I don't think he's going to be the one to drive them on and play any better for them than he has for us.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Everton fans imploding at this. Not so much about him personally but for the cost for a position they’re already stacked. To the point that they think it’s rubbish.

Everton finally manage a good move in the transfer market, then immediately throw it away!

15 mill would be a very decent return IMO.

How much did we sign him for again?

He is lethal on his day, but not consistent enough.

Watch him go to Everton and turn into the Dutch Salah now... Lol

If we could sub players in and out like the NBA, would keep him just for pens!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

15 mill would be a very decent return IMO.

How much did we sign him for again?

He is lethal on his day, bit not consistent enough.

Watch him go to Everton and turn into the Dutch Salah now... Lol

I think it was around 6m. So i handy profit. 15m would be a great deal for us

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hope that if and when the club or he posts a farewell on social media, he gets thanks and respect. 

Yeah fun and jokes aside, Anwar has been a great servant to us. Has scored some monumental crackers and penalties as well.

It's a weird one, because I feel he is too good to not be getting any game time, but not good enough to be starting.

• Like 1

I'd knock 5m off that tbh.

The moneyball approach is dead. The days or people spunking money without doing any research on a player because he's bagged a few is dead.

Nobody I imagine will he fooled by his stats to drop big money him. He's limited he's soft he doesn't create and he scores penalties and the odd screamer coupled with Row Zs for days.

I think Anwar could be a good player if he had some football intelligence. His decision making is awful. Yesterday was a classic example, gets in to a fantastic position and all he has to do is dink it over to Ings at the back post and it’s 1-1. What does he do ? Lashes it high and wide. The worst thing is it wasn’t a surprise he did that .

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw something saying that, it's actually a loan they want lol.

Excitement calmed.

They want a loan but we want to sell. Big similarities to Digne. Chelsea would've happily Loaned him but Everton wanted to sell.

Same story both sides and I'd anticipate we get the sale

• Like 1

Â