Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

21 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Great when he came on today such an intelligent run to open the space for Watkins. 

Yeah, I'm not his biggest fan but he played very well when he came on. Pulled defenders all over the place for Watkins goal. 

• Like 1

Yes, his run helped make Ollie's goal yesterday. And as I've said before, I don't think that he's a bad player. He has some talents, particularly hitting the ball. Unfortunately, keeping possession is not one of those talents. He didn't have much of a chance to give the ball away in a 10 minute cameo, but if/when he starts a match again, watch how many times he gives it away. He's still a sub at best in my book.

• Like 2

Was hit and miss in the Championship. Is hit and miss in the Prem. Too weak, loses possession too easily and I think his shooting is largely atrocious bar the odd curler,  but he has a knack of scoring vital goals and can take a penalty very well.

I like him as a person but just never want him starting. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I think it's worth pointing out that Anwar El Ghazi's 3 goals this season have moved him into the top 100 Aston Villa goalscorers of all time on 26 goals for the club.

It moves him up from joint 109th to joint 95th alongside Tammy Abraham (18/19), Derek Dougan(61/63), Colin Gibson(48/55), Jack Mandley(29/34), John Cowen(1895/99) & Bob Chatt(1893/97).

I'm 1 goal out. Doh!

Thats my afternoon sorted then.....

el ghazi total.png

• Like 2

On 25/11/2021 at 11:50, roonst83 said:

Was hit and miss in the Championship. Is hit and miss in the Prem. Too weak, loses possession too easily and I think his shooting is largely atrocious bar the odd curler,  but he has a knack of scoring vital goals and can take a penalty very well.

I like him as a person but just never want him starting. 

You’re right on every count - except his shooting which is actually very good.  

Statistically a better finisher than Watkins over his career.  

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I was almost certain he'd shoot before he played McGinn in. Another bright cameo from Anwar, great to have options off the bench.

Yes, many would have actually. Good thinking from Anwar.

Â