Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Currentlly one of 11 front 3 players we have on our books . And probably the most sellable of rhose that we would not particularly look to keep. I just hope that we can get some money for him as its been a long while since he got.decent minutes for us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I’m surprised that Norwich have not gone in for him. He would be an upgrade on their attacking options and Dean obviously knows him well. I thought they might sniff around a few of our players to be honest. Does anybody know if they have got any money?

I don’t think they have any money to spend.

• Like 1

Just now, Kingman said:

Worse players than AEG to move on 

like who?

Our "front" players are Watkins, Ings, Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi & Trezeguet (8 senior players for 3 positions across the front 3 - that top heavy), then youth players in Archer, JPB, Chuk Jr who could all play in that front 3 to some degree if required.

Who in that list is worse than El Ghazi or Trez? (both of whom i think need offloading).

• Like 3

How can we let him go? Trezeguet and Traore gone to AFCON, Bailey injured, Coutinho will need time to get fit.

Maybe he could be let go near the end of the window when the situation is clearer.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

How can we let him go? Trezeguet and Traore gone to AFCON, Bailey injured, Coutinho will need time to get fit.

Maybe he could be let go near the end of the window when the situation is clearer.

But since we intend to (I'm guessing) play with a narrow 2 #10's formation we don't really use any wide players.

Sanson, Ramsey, McGinn, Carney and Watkins can all play in one of the 10 positions alongside Buendia until Coutinho is up to speed.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

But since we intend to (I'm guessing) play with a narrow 2 #10's formation we don't really use any wide players.

Sanson, Ramsey, McGinn, Carney and Watkins can all play in one of the 10 positions alongside Buendia until Coutinho is up to speed.

genuine question, who might even be interested in him??

He doesnt seem to gather much transfer interest considering it has been mooted he could move on for the last 12 months or so?

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

genuine question, who might even be interested in him??

He doesnt seem to gather much transfer interest considering it has been mooted he could move on for the last 12 months or so?

Haven't got a Scooby, sure his agent is working on it if he want's to move. Mourinho-Roma has been mentioned but probably not.

That's the problem with selling PL players to abroad, even mid table squad players are too expensive and earn too much for 99% of foreign clubs to afford.

Edit: There has been the West Ham link in the last couple weeks.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Haven't got a Scooby, sure his agent is working on it if he want's to move. Mourinho-Roma has been mentioned but probably not.

That's the problem with selling PL players to abroad, even mid table squad players are too expensive and earn too much for 99% of foreign clubs to afford.

ye, gonna be an interesting window, cus i think we really need to offload players like El Ghazi & Trez, we are way...way too top heavy.

Trezeguet might a bit more difficult to find a buyer for but El Ghazi should have plenty of interest. He’s a good age and has some great stats. I’m sure a lower half premier league team would be interested. I’d expect us to make a profit on him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Trezeguet might a bit more difficult to find a buyer for but El Ghazi should have plenty of interest. He’s a good age and has some great stats. I’m sure a lower half premier league team would be interested. I’d expect us to make a profit on him. 

Trez has got the option of a football club or Hollywood . 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Trez has got the option of a football club or Hollywood . 

That’s very true, and of the options in Hollywood he could either be the smouldering sex symbol lead actor, or the best stunt man since Jackie Chan. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

seems there has been a lot of talk in each window over the last 6-12 months about El Ghazi leaving, but he never seems to.

Wonder if he will actually be sold this window?

He hasn’t featured much under Gerrard , if there are any potential suitors I believe he’ll be off

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Think Trez might actually be easier thanks to his previous stint in Turkey. Been regular links to the Istanbul big 3 for most of his time here.

Problem is they are all rank at the moment and might not have anything to spend.

• Like 1

Â