Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

well done Anwar, hope we see more of you in the side soon

If Trez is going to be out for any significant amount of time, I'd be all for Anwar starting over Traore. I think he deserves a chance to prove he's still got something to offer.

• Like 1

I'm writing this without looking at the comments above as I do not want to read other comments and have to place my opinion around theres.

When Ghazi came on I thought here we go, another bore display to watch and I cant see him getting round the Wolves back line, I was right.

Then McGinn was brought down and Ghazi stepped up due to Jack giving him the nod over Watkins, I will say that I wasnt feeling nervous. I felt confident in Ghazi taking the penalty even though I'd of given it to Watkins. So yes Ghazi scores which is fantastic, so between McGinn going down, watkins a lovely bit of play before McGinn went down and Ghazi stepping up to make it count when its needed I am over the moon.

Now on to the next bit, it's fantastic that Ghazi has scored from a penalty, however what u want for him is to start scoring from shots away from the spot. Ghazi scoring from a penalty for me doesnt automatically bounce him into the starting eleven. The guy has a long way to go before hes in the first eleven but some on here will be getting there pants and in some ways where credit is due, credit is given and Ghazi deserved it for converting the Pen. Now I do hope that the goal gives him confidence and enough that Ghazi does start scoring, it would be lovely to see but I'm not confident in him and rightly so.

Everyone keeps going on about his goal that helped to promote us, when are we going to stop holding that over him and judge Ghazi for the player he is today, anyone else and they'd be shot to shit for it. Sometimes I wonder if part of the problem is that goal that helped us to get promoted, everyone always talks about that goal that you never hear anything us and it's an expectation on him that maybe he could do with out. Ghazi scored, Great, let's see the lad go do that again and again then I will give the lad an easier break or at least put in decent displays. Till then Ghazi has to go out and prove his critics wrong and a goal at Wolves doesnt justify a starting eleven place and to forget this and last seasons poor performances so far. If were expected to forget last seasons poor performances and this seasons, then we must be willing to forget what he did I  the championship be it good or bad. Fans with Ghazi and himself must move on from that promotion goal, with a clean slate in our minds and to do that when hes brought on to the pitch from now on, Ghazi has to make fans thinks he's worth the time by putting in displays that make us feel WOW or yes fantastic showing.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Everyone keeps going on about his goal that helped to promote us, when are we going to stop holding that over him and judge Ghazi for the player he is today, anyone else and they'd be shot to shit for it

I don’t disagree with your overall sentiment but he has played about 20 minutes in 7 months. It’s because he’s been poor but he’s hardly been just cruising in the team has he? And he mostly gets slated on here?

Obviously super happy with the 3 pts but better so it was AEG who scored. He plays and lives on confidence and hopefully this is a turning point for him for finding his mojo. We need him to start pushing Trez, Traore for that starting spot.

Edited by HongKongVillan

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t disagree with your overall sentiment but he has played about 20 minutes in 7 months. It’s because he’s been poor but he’s hardly been just cruising in the team has he? And he mostly gets slated on here?

The lad has to do more, he does and I think he knows it. I myself and maybe others just do not think hes premier league quality and hes struggled with the step up in all fairness. Ghazi will continue to get massive amounts of criticism until he starts earning a first eleven place and like I said I think its partly to do with people keep placing that promotion winning goal over him. Like I said expecting alot of Ghazi is already there because of that goal. I think the moment Ghazi is given his first team position back and doesnt pull it off, he will get abuse again like he did in the carabao cup. Now I think any abuse is uncalled for but theres nothing wrong with good harsh criticism.

I think the only thing we can do or should I say Smith can do with Ghazi now is do what he did today and ease the lad back in there slowly. Like I said we have to judge him by a game by game display, not what he did last season or by a magical goal that gave us promotion, it always has to be a forgotten about affair,  we need it and Ghazi himself especially needs it. That way we as fans arnt to over critical and he has a player isnt feeling to over burdened by expectations.

El Ghazi is a squad player who is unlikely to feature regularly for us in the Premier League, but you never know.

However great finish and he takes the plaudits, he deserves that much!

It's a team game after all.

UTV 

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, he did though didn't he. Nothing to do with pressure?

He was being a big soft lad and didn't like he was getting booted by Burnley. Just like he didn't want to head the ball in against Everton in case he got hurt.

Great pen today. Hope he can gain some confidence from today and participate for us in general play. Lacks nothing technically or physically.

No, he clearly didn't. 

You seriously think Dean Smith would keep him around if he had? Or the players celebrate with him like that if he had?

I think the idea he faked an injury to get off the pitch is one of the daftest theories VT has seen in many years. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, he did though didn't he. Nothing to do with pressure?

He was being a big soft lad and didn't like he was getting booted by Burnley. Just like he didn't want to head the ball in against Everton in case he got hurt.

Great pen today. Hope he can gain some confidence from today and participate for us in general play. Lacks nothing technically or physically.

Was that the time he went down and Mings was trying to get him to moved abit to the sidelines and just didnt look interested??

El Ghazi issue is the same as Trez before, 

work rate off the ball

AeG should just watch Trez transformation and see his off the ball work as the part holding him back from starting. 

He is more accomplished than Traore for the fact he’s got both feet for crossing and isn’t afraid of using both.

hopefuly this gives him some confidence to start on Wednesday. 

with Cash out for Burnley id start AEG and Elmo anyway. 

16 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

El Ghazi issue is the same as Trez before, 

work rate off the ball

AeG should just watch Trez transformation and see his off the ball work as the part holding him back from starting. 

He is more accomplished than Traore for the fact he’s got both feet for crossing and isn’t afraid of using both.

hopefuly this gives him some confidence to start on Wednesday. 

with Cash out for Burnley id start AEG and Elmo anyway. 

Yeah,  the workrate would make up for those occasions where his forward performance offers nothing,  which is similar to Trez tbh. They both have potential to do something good offensively (trez with a back post goal,  AEG with an assist/goal), but they both do it so rarely at this level they need to offer something else. And AEG doesn't do that at the moment, Trez does.

Traore looked ok to me, but did put us in trouble once in the first half. I'd be very tempted to go with AEG over Traore for the next game. Earnt a chance to take advantage of the confidence his goal should give him. 

Edited by MrBlack

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, he clearly didn't. 

Agree to disagree.

You seriously think Dean Smith would keep him around if he had? 

Yes. Same way he didn't cast Wes aside when he pretended to be knocked out in the same game. Smith far too sensible and prepared to try and improve players.

He still the best attacking sub we had today. Pleased he could contribute.

Or the players celebrate with him like that if he had?

Of course. 

I think the idea he faked an injury to get off the pitch is one of the daftest theories VT has seen in many years. 

My favourite is the theory McGinn is finished and needs replacing every time he has a bad game (which have come along far too often in the last 12 months).

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Commentator on my stream called him Egyptian. Not half bad for a man with international caps for the Netherlands.

Astro sports. I laughed when they said that. But showed their incompetence earlier in the game when they said they’d never seen Watkins last season.

Â